Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Playoff Schedule

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0774 Posted - 05/29/2011 : 17:21:36
In light of the 5 day layoff between the end of the Bos/TB series and the beginning of the cup final I thought it would be appropo to bring up the playoff schedule.

Does anyone else agree that this 5 day break is ridiculous? In my oppinion it kills all momentum the playoffs in general had. I'm sure Vancouver and Boston fans are savouring this time, and getting psyched for the match, but is general interest going to wane?

Would I rather be writing a post about an amazing goal, a cringe inducing show of heart, or a physics defying save - YES, but alas I'm griping about bad marketing.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 05/30/2011 : 09:38:02
I'm pretty sure CBC had little to do with it, this is NBC's schedule for sure.

Schedules are difficult to make at this time of year, as hockey may end at any time for the team - stadiums have to keep booking things with the knowledge they have at the time. Normally around now, VAN has 1-2 concerts a week, special events, etc - I'm sure BOS has the same sort of problem. We have a concert tonight (I think) that stopped a start tonight, and even then they had to bump Supertramp to Thursday night to slot in a Wednesday game. The gap from Wed to Sat is an odd one, no doubt to get in a last HNIC as Beans says.

The 5pm start sucks for us during the week, but we'll adjust - however it sucks less than having 10pm EST starts, so I guess we live with it, at least its the same for all games no matter where it is. It will mean a few early mornings and early departures from work.
Guest9215 Posted - 05/29/2011 : 18:30:53
Well I for one am not complaining about the 9:00 pm start time here on the real east of Canada. I was dreading a 11:00 or a 11:30 start time that is normal for Vancouver. Thank you for that CBC.
Beans15 Posted - 05/29/2011 : 18:26:07
I heard it had something to do with a concert in Vancouver??? I also think CBC HNIC has something to do with it. I believe the plan is to have at least one Sat night hockey game and preferably in Canada. Hence the Wed/Sat schedule.

I too agree the length of the break is far too much. It would have been fine to start on Sunday and do a Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat schedule for the first 4, then do a Mon/Thurs/Sat for the final 3 games if needed.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page