Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 How long will Christian Ehrhoff be out for?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4465 Posted - 12/31/2011 : 13:57:27
He got injured last night in the game against the Caps. I'm how long he will be out for?

If hes gonna miss quite a few games, I'm going to trade him. He's only gotten 17pts this season, and is definetly not going to better his tally of 53pts from last year.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 01/01/2012 : 12:58:48
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116
nuxfan....i don't agree with this really. Going into this season, MANY people expected the Sabres to be somewhat of a powerhouse! I think those same people probably overrated Ehrhoff after his big year here with the Canucks and really did expect a 50+ point season!

I too expected BUF to be a powerhouse team this year, certainly better than they have been - and Ehrhoff was a good addition to that team. However, I fully expected Ehrhoff to miss last year's points totals.

Ehrhoff had a perfect situation last year, in which he played top minutes on the top PP unit for the highest scoring team in the NHL - you're going to get points. Fully half of his points came on the PP last year, blasting shots at the net for Sedin/Sedin/Kesler to pickup and pot, and he was great in that role and benefitted from it. Outside of the PP, he benefitted a great deal from the play of the Canucks that allowed him to get into offensive situations more often than other teams would, and was a top-4 defenseman on the highest scoring team in the NHL.

Coming into this season, in order for Ehrhoff to achieve the same again, you had to believe that:

- BUF would have one of the best PP's in the NHL
- BUF would be top-5 in team scoring

Neither one of those is the case so far, and because of that Ehrhoff's point totals have suffered.

I too think many people overrated him based on last year's performance, thinking that he was a catalyst rather than along for the ride. I think there was a place for Ehrhoff on the Canucks, but not at the price that BUF paid, and I was also OK to see him walk.
Alex116 Posted - 01/01/2012 : 01:57:43
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan
I don't think many people thought that Ehrhoff would break the 50 point mark again this year - he benefitted a lot from PP time with the Sedin's and Kesler on the NHL's best PP last year, and he wasn't going to get those sorts of linemates in BUF.

nuxfan....i don't agree with this really. Going into this season, MANY people expected the Sabres to be somewhat of a powerhouse! I think those same people probably overrated Ehrhoff after his big year here with the Canucks and really did expect a 50+ point season!

You know my thoughts as i've shared them more than a few times, that i really wasn't all that pissed that the Canucks didn't manage to keep him!
nuxfan Posted - 12/31/2011 : 19:01:27
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4465

With that being said, say Ehrhoff was to come back and get another 20-30pts before the end of the season, can either Karlsson MA Bergeron or Timonen get 30 more points onto the totals they each have so far?

Why not? Predicting how many points a player will get in the future is impossible, so many things factor into it. But going on what I've seen so far this season, I don't think that its improbable for any of those defensemen to score 20-30 more points this season, assuming no injuries and their teams carry on as they have or better.

But further to that, what makes you think that Ehrhoff will score 30 more points this season, or has 20-30 more points in him? He's only had 50 points in one season so far, his last one. What if Ehrhoff is actually more of a 35-40 point defenseman, who simply benefitted from an ideal point generation situation last season and was able to get more points (and parlay his performance into a great contract)? Perhaps your expectations of 50+ points out of Ehrhoff should be revisited.
Guest4465 Posted - 12/31/2011 : 17:44:26
With that being said, say Ehrhoff was to come back and get another 20-30pts before the end of the season, can either Karlsson MA Bergeron or Timonen get 30 more points onto the totals they each have so far?
nuxfan Posted - 12/31/2011 : 16:50:00
Word is that Ehrhoff will miss "weeks" with whatever upper body injury he has. The Sabres often use the term "weeks" in the literal sense - ie, it could be one week, or 6 - so take it with a grain of salt.

That being said - even if Ehrhoff were healthy, I would consider trading him for some of the dmen you listed as available. Karlsson for sure, but with Pronger out I think Timonen will get a lot of PP time, and he seems to get more points when Pronger is out. MA Bergeron is a point machine (just as well as his defensive capabilities are pretty subpar). I don't think many people thought that Ehrhoff would break the 50 point mark again this year - he benefitted a lot from PP time with the Sedin's and Kesler on the NHL's best PP last year, and he wasn't going to get those sorts of linemates in BUF. Karlsson, Bergeron, and Timonen are all good replacements for Ehrhoff, injured or not.
canucks1187 Posted - 12/31/2011 : 14:42:47
I have Karlsson and he is doing great for me. I would get him.

MElderfield
Guest4465 Posted - 12/31/2011 : 14:39:58
We get as many trades as we want/need. Each trade costs $5 so if I trade 4 players I'll be putting $20 into the pool.

I already have Doughty, which he too hasn't been all that great, but I'm hoping he can have a massive 2nd half of the season.

Defense men available in my pool:

Erik Karlsson
Brian Campbell
Ryan Suter
Kimmo Timonen
Dennis Wideman
Marc-Andre Bergeron
John Carlson
Michael Del Zotto
Kevin Bieksa
Matt Carle

There are a bunch more available, but I put the ones with the most points. The guys that aren't listed here are probably already taken.
canucks1187 Posted - 12/31/2011 : 14:06:41
Im reading he is going to be out for a while. Who are you able to trade for?? Do you only get 1 trade?

MElderfield

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page