Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Rangers Payroll Waste

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4306 Posted - 01/02/2012 : 14:06:18
With Sean Avery sent down to the minors again (this time probably for good), the Rangers show $14 million in salaries paid to players not playing in the NHL.

Joining Avery, who has a one-way contract for $3.75 million this season, are Wade Redden ($6.5 million), and Cris Drury ($3.7 million), the former, one of the worst signings the past ten years (and maybe of all time), the latter more of a bad luck situation. Drury had injury issues toward the end of last season, was bought out, then retired, and the Rangers are paying him $3.7 million this season, and about half that amount next season.

$14 million is a lot of money to waste, but the Rangers have money to burn, and Avery and Redden playing in the minors doesn't affect their cap space.

I sure hope they're honouring Derek Boogaard's contract. He stood to earn $1.6 million this season and the same amount each of the next two seasons. But my guess is that the NHLPA has insurance to cover this (or the players do), so the families of deceased hockey players are looked after.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Duke Posted - 01/03/2012 : 12:46:58
And just imagine, with all that waste, They are still winning.
Guest4465 Posted - 01/02/2012 : 21:10:01
Avery should just go intern at VOGUE again!
ryan93 Posted - 01/02/2012 : 20:19:20
Just to point out, both Avery's cap hit & actual salary is only 50% of that for the Rangers, as the Dallas Stars are still on the hook for the other 50%.
Avery played well this season for the Rangers, but unfortunately for him, he was just part of the numbers game. With the emergence of Carl Hagelin, the return of Mike Rupp from injury, and the solid play of John Mitchell, there just isn't a spot for Avery. Same goes for Erik Christensen...plus Wojtek Wolski is close to returning (he's only played 6 games this season).

But back to the topic...yes, that's a lot of money to have in the minors.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page