Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Rink Stink!
 Statistical Tidbits

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The 4th Line Banger Posted - 03/24/2012 : 07:54:23
We all see the common statistics. Malkin’s points, Stamkos’ goals, and Erik Karlsson’s great offensive production are normal discussion points around the water cooler. Here are a few numbers that are not as flashy but noteworthy none the less.

• After 3 consecutive seasons with 100+ PIMs and countless suspensions Matt Cooke is on pace for just 33 PIMs this season and has not been suspended in a 11 months. Wow.
• Tim Thomas is the only goalie with more than 20 game who has not lost in overtime and is also 6-0 in the shoot-out. Boston also wins nearly 85% of their games when they score first. Clutch goaltending is vital in the playoffs and I don’t think there is a more clutch goalie in the NHL today.
• Sheldon Souray is a career -33 and his best season since 2000 is a killer +4. He has resurrected his career with a solid season of 20 pts and +19(including a couple of minutes a game on the PK).
• Jarome Iginla now has 11 consecutive 30 goal seasons. The record is 15 shared by Mike Gartner and Jaromir Jagr. Unlikely yet I have counted out Iginla for the past 2 seasons and have been wrong.
• The Edmonton Oilers were 27th in the NHL with a power play of less than 15% last season. This season, they are bouncing between 1st and 3rd and over 20%.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs continue to have PK struggles. They are poised to finish this season with a PK of less than 80% for the 6th consecutive season. Their last 80% PK season was 05/06. No wonder they can’t make the playoffs.
• Nashville has the best power play in the NHL and is in the top ten in goal for per game. All that without a single point per game player or 30 goal scorer. This leading goal scorer (Hornqvist) is on pace for 26 goals and their leading point getter (Erat) is on pace for 63 pts. Barry Trotz is the best coach in the NHL. Hands down. Unfortunately, Hitchcock turned around the Blues from worst to first and will likely win the Jack Adams.

That’s all for now.

Have an opinion on The Fourth Line Banger's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute please send us an email at admin at pickuphockey.com

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page