Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Los Angeles
 Juggernaut Kings

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/16/2012 : 08:54:39
Are we seeing the most dominating overall performance in the Stanley Cup playoffs ever - at least, in the modern era?

I cannot think of another team that has rolled over the first two teams like these guys, and is looking like they will roll over Phoenix in possibly 4 straight the way it is looking! Will they lose a game to Phoenix? Is it possible that the Rangers or Devils even take 2 or 3 games from these guys?

It's an absolute juggernaut of a team at this point - this 8th place team, the best 8th place team ever by far I think we can agree. But . . . could it be the best run ever in a Stanley Cup playoffs?

I think it could be.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 05/19/2012 : 21:03:38
So folks- are we looking at a sweep here? And if and when the Kings choke the Coyotes and they tap out . . . can they work the same dominance against what might be a very solid team with a goalie just as awesome in the Rangers, or a skilled and dynamic New Jersey team with lots of snipe in them?

Shepsky Posted - 05/17/2012 : 04:29:26
one thing is for sure Slozo, there has never been an 8th seed so powerful, both these other teams with comparable records in the playoffs, also did very well in the regular season, it wasn't as big of a surprise to see these other 2 teams dominate the playoffs. These Kings came out of nowhere, though some did see them as contenders, I don't think anyone predicted this playoff domination.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
n/a Posted - 05/16/2012 : 19:09:27
Yeah - after I posted this, I found that basically the "gold standard" in the modern era is that '88 Oilers team. An absolutely stacked line-up of elite talent, with about ten hall of famers in there!

The Kings could actually beat that team, if the incredible run continues. It's oh so unlikely, but . . . many are probably like me right now - they look so dominant, so unbeatable at this point, I would not bet against them.

Guest8384 Posted - 05/16/2012 : 09:25:22
The 88 Oilers went 16-2 on their way to the Cup. In those 18 games Gretzky won the Conn Smythe with 12 goals and 31 Assists for 43 points.

the 1976-77 Canadians who were arguably the best team ever went 14-2 to win the cup and went 60-8-12 in the regular season.

I still think the Rangers will beat them in the Final.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page