Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Will any team spend to the cap this year?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nuxfan Posted - 07/02/2012 : 15:39:18
Just had a look at capgeek, and it currently looks like no team will be bumping up against the salary cap this season. BOS is close but they're going to save 5M when they suspend Thomas. The next highest is CGY with 4M in space and a (currently) full roster.

Could be that the cap is finally high enough that teams are having a hard time actually hitting it, this is the first time I can remember where no team has been in cap trouble come summertime. Will any teams be in trouble at the beginning of the season?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4178 Posted - 07/04/2012 : 11:50:45
Based on the two mega-signings (Parise and Suter), the Wild are very close to the cap right now. They currently sit at $67.3 million in player salaries, spread out over 21 players. (And two players who were bought out.)

Most teams carry the maximum (23 players), so for the Wild to sign a few more players, they are going to be pushing the limit. They may trade a player (or two) who are currently signed and on their roster, but they don't have a lot of wiggle room.

I'm sure they will find a way to make it work though. It's not like they signed Parise and Suter without giving this some thought.
Guest4377 Posted - 07/03/2012 : 19:13:59
If your team rakes in over $200 million plus in revenues per season (like the Rangers and Leafs do), you owe it to your fans to spend the limit!

Yes, save a bit of cap room for contingencies, but don't cheap out on your fans!
n/a Posted - 07/02/2012 : 16:45:36
I guarantee the Rangers and Toronto within a mil and a half of the cap this year . . . can't see Burke not doing that, personally.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
@valanche Posted - 07/02/2012 : 16:30:21
Many big names to be signed still but probably only 1 or 2 teams reach the max

66 is > than 99
nuxfan Posted - 07/02/2012 : 15:40:25
As a Canucks fan, its nice to see the team with some cap breathing room for a change. I don't think anyone is going to get within a million of the cap for the start of the season.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page