Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 Is Patrick Marleau Worth it?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 09/01/2007 : 12:00:54
The San Jose Sharks just signed Marleau to a 2 year, $12.6 million contract extension. At only 78 points last year, is he worth this mega deal? Why?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 09/03/2007 : 10:52:42
Calling Marleau a 2nd line centre is like saying that Orr could skate just a little. The only reason he is a 2nd line centre is because the best centre in the league is on his team. On 90% of the other teams in the league, he is their #1. The only other teams I can think of that he's not #1 is Calgary, Tampa Bay, Pittsburg, and Colorado. The guy is top 30 in the league in goals, points, PP Goals, Game Winning Goals, and shooting %.

Plus, his extension doesn't kick in until after this season, so he's getting $4.5 million this season which is a steal in my books! Considering there are only 34 guys in the league making $6 million or more, I say he's in the class of one of the top 30 players in the league, so why shouldn't be be paid as such.

Good move San Jose!

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
bablaboushka Posted - 09/03/2007 : 07:11:59
You're right, none of them are worth $6+ million. But if we're playing the comparative game, then putting Marleau in the same salary class as those guys is fair.
Guest8346 Posted - 09/02/2007 : 23:43:53
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Heys Babs. It took a Patrick Marleau poll to bring you back! hahaha! Marleau is an amazing second liner, no doubt. But he's not worth 6.3 million per year (I don't know the terms so I just cut the deal in half for 1 year) 4 million sure.

if marleau is not worth 6 mil then how is briere gomez, souray even smyth
leigh Posted - 09/01/2007 : 23:41:46
Heys Babs. It took a Patrick Marleau poll to bring you back! hahaha! Marleau is an amazing second liner, no doubt. But he's not worth 6.3 million per year (I don't know the terms so I just cut the deal in half for 1 year) 4 million sure.
PainTrain Posted - 09/01/2007 : 22:49:24
Great to have you back Babs!

And I agree with what you say. Marleau is a good ol' farm kid and works really hard. He is the Captain of the team and is a really good two way player. I think this year is his time to shine now.

No Sacrifice , No Victory!
bablaboushka Posted - 09/01/2007 : 22:26:29
YAY, BACK TO MY FAVOURITE FORUM!!!!!!

Marleau is so much more than just a 78-point guy. He is the face of the Sharks, the most recognizable hockey figure in SJ, the most prolific playoff scorer over the last three years (with Iginla), a clutch performer, a leader and the best #2 center in the league. If Vanek, Drury and Gomez even remotely deserve what they got then so does Marleau.
Pasty7 Posted - 09/01/2007 : 16:30:47
he is deffinetly worth it,, dont forget two years ago, in the playoffs who was the best player hands down it was patty, hes the franchise player thorton sure hes an amazing talent but points aren;t the only way to contribute to a team,,, im just dissapointed cuz i herd a rumour patty might be traded to my habs

Pasty
admin Posted - 09/01/2007 : 12:01:26
For more information: http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=7008376569

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page