Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Sneaky Patrick Sharp

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 02/12/2013 : 21:10:53
Not sure if anyone saw it or not, but i just watched a highlight (can't find a link to a vid just yet but surely by morning it'll be available) from the Ducks/Hawks game where Patrick Sharp is checking Toni Lydman and Lydman's stick clips him in the face. BUT, watch closely, and Sharp actually grabs Lydman's stick and brings it up to his face/visor and does the ol' "headsnap". Fooled the refs big time from what i saw, but i only saw it once. This drew a penalty in overtime!!!

I think back to the Alex Burrows / Stephan Auger feud of a few years back and i'm left to wonder how the refs will look at Sharp moving forward. Is this just sneaky/smart gamesmanship, or has Sharp overstepped the boundaries of good taste?

Obviously you'll wanna see the replay before you can make a good judgement.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 02/15/2013 : 09:26:47
If you're not cheating you're not trying hard enough !

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 02/14/2013 : 22:09:51
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Yes, I am completely joking. That might be the attitude of some and there are certainly players that are more likely to be giving a pass for a move like this.

I was attempting humor until the video is posted. I'm still waiting to see the evidence before passing judgement.

I've looked! I can't find a clip of it anywhere!?!?
Beans15 Posted - 02/14/2013 : 18:02:23
Yes, I am completely joking. That might be the attitude of some and there are certainly players that are more likely to be giving a pass for a move like this.

I was attempting humor until the video is posted. I'm still waiting to see the evidence before passing judgement.
Alex116 Posted - 02/13/2013 : 12:57:27
quote:

If a Vancouver player would have done this it would have been gross, completely unacceptable, and has no place in the game.

Since a non-Vancouver player did this I see it as brilliant, a genius play, and just a signed of gaining a competative advantage by slightly bending the rules.

Agreed Alex???

Beans, here's the thing. I'm not sure if you're actually kidding or not! Even if you are, which i think you are, i'm sure others (not saying people on here) would have that attitude! I have to admit, i love Patrick Sharp and while i think it was a bit overboard/weak/"sneaky" and prob not something i'd want to see start to enter the game, if that had been a guy i don't like, say Sean Avery, then i'd have been all over him for being a dbag.

FTR, i still can't find a video of it? Did you guys actually see it?
nuxfan Posted - 02/13/2013 : 12:26:29
quote:

If a Vancouver player would have done this it would have been gross, completely unacceptable, and has no place in the game.

Since a non-Vancouver player did this I see it as brilliant, a genius play, and just a signed of gaining a competative advantage by slightly bending the rules.

Agreed Alex???

I think we can all agree that that would indeed be your view.
Leafs81 Posted - 02/13/2013 : 11:22:42
As a captain, I hate to see my players do plays like that and I never advertise it as a good play. Sure we are just amateur playin around but it's still not a type of play that I have respect for.

I always tell my players, from coaching soccer or captain hockey teams, if you want to draw a penalty, move your legs forward and then the opposition wont have a chance but to trip you or to hhook you. Draw penalties by outworking the opposition, not by diving or grabbing the other player stick or use all the tricks in the books.
Beans15 Posted - 02/13/2013 : 11:03:59

Agreed Alex???

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page