Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 well the Winnipeg Jets make the Playoff's

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2301 Posted - 04/07/2013 : 14:49:36
I sure the heck hope so There isnt much more of a deserving team team to make it. .. Cheap owner and Lazy Gm ddn't help out there cause this dead line...
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Duke Posted - 04/08/2013 : 20:14:12
Anyway, staying on topic, it doesn`t look good for the Jets. My guess would be a no.
The Duke Posted - 04/08/2013 : 20:12:44
Alex, i actually like the Canucks and all Canadian teams....even Montreal a little

You missed the content of my message...

I`m not making fun of any team who hasn`t won a Stanley Cup..

neither of any team who has less cups than the leafs.....

I`m not making any fun at all !!!!!!!

It`s just that some fans constantly make fun of the leafs....its day in and day out...over and over...as if their favorite teams are all that and win the cup every season.
Alex116 Posted - 04/08/2013 : 16:05:43
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

I always find it very amusing when people make fun of the Leafs stanley cup wins when they are SECOND all time in NHL history.......2nd only to the Montreal Canadians...

Duke, i dunno about everyone, but "most" people Leaf haters don't actually "make fun of the Leafs Stanley Cup wins", they make fun of the lack of SC wins since '67.

quote:

Montreal has only 2 stanley cup wins since the late 70`s....thats a long time ago....but i don`t see too many making fun at them.....
but wait...they are FIRST

And, Toronto has ZERO since the late 60's. Not only is that 2 more cups, it's a decade more recent as well, not to mention they had one in the decade of the 90's.

quote:

I`ll say this once to any fan who is not a Toronto or Montreal fan, poking fun at their cup drought......eat our shorts.....

Until YOUR favorite team racks up at least 13 Stanley cups
....just put a sock in it

Fair enough. I hate the fact that the Canucks haven't won a cup at all. Know what i hate more? When Leaf fans like yourself bask in the glory of the history of your franchise and what it did before you were likely a fan AND back when the league had so few franchises. I'm not a petty one who really cares how many ANY other team has won to be honest. If the Canucks won just one, i'd be happy to see your Leafs win the next 20 to be quite honest with you. But bottom line is, if i wanted to argue with you over which team has been better since the Canucks inception to the NHL, would it not be fair for me to say my Canucks have outperformed your Leafs by making the final 3 times in the past 30 years to the Leafs 0?

I hope you understand i'm not here to argue these points but consider this. How much more would you detest a Hab fan than you already do now if he/she went on about how many more cups they have than you if they hadn't won one since the 50's? Or, better yet, did you feel superior to an Oilers fan in the 80's because your team still had more total cups than them???

Like i said, i hope to experience a Canucks cup win one day. Beyond that, i could care less (though a dynasty would be fun).
n/a Posted - 04/08/2013 : 07:06:05
Well, maybe not - now that Alexander the Great has returned and is in full force for Washington.

I believe the title of this thread was supposed to be "Will", not "well"?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest2104 Posted - 04/08/2013 : 02:08:11
quote:

I always find it very amusing when people make fun of the Leafs stanley cup wins when they are SECOND all time in NHL history.......2nd only to the Montreal Canadians...

Montreal has only 2 stanley cup wins since the late 70`s....thats a long time ago....but i don`t see too many making fun at them.....

I`ll say this once to any fan who is not a Toronto or Montreal fan, poking fun at their cup drought......eat our shorts.....

Wait, you mean back when their were 6 teams in the league not 30?!
The Duke Posted - 04/07/2013 : 17:37:22

Guest2454 Posted - 04/07/2013 : 15:58:02
If deserves had anything to do with it i dare say the Chicago Cubs would have won a world series by now and the Leafs would have multiple Stanley cups since 1967.
Guest5052 Posted - 04/07/2013 : 15:19:22
I am certainly cheering hard for the Jets, but I cant say they deserve to make it over anyone else... and to quote the Unforgiven "Deserves got nothin to do with it".

I cant say that the ownership was cheap, but they were in a tough spot as to whether to stand pat, buy or sell. They really dont have a lot of blue chip prospects in the system so mortgaging the future would have been tough, but also, given the weakness of that division, this may have been an ideal time to make a realistic push for the playoffs.

With 8 to go, I remain naively optimistic.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page