Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Brad Richards - Healthy Scratch

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9219 Posted - 05/23/2013 : 14:32:05
Brad Richards is a healthy scratch for game 4. Richards is only 2/9 into his 9-year $60 million contract (front-loaded), and while his current slump may not be a future indicator, who really thinks he's about to enter his peak productive years.

All that aside, is Torturella's move to bench Richards a slap in tbe face, or a kick in tne butt to get his other players going?

If it works, and the Rangers win game 4 without Richards, does he play in game 5? I'm guessing he does, but first the Rangers need to win game 4!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9808 Posted - 05/24/2013 : 14:24:07
Talk about inflation. $10M per season just doesn't seem to buy you 2 points these days. Either Richards is hurt or slacking. Based on past performance I'll chalk this up to injury. But damn, he is terrible this post season.
The_Gipper Posted - 05/24/2013 : 13:09:52
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Firstly, if Sather hasn't been fired yet it won't be over this. He has been overpaying players since he started in NY. He has signed some of the biggest contract in NHL history and there are a number of them that turned out to be busted.

Secondly, do you think MSG Company gives a crap about $59 million?? They are a billion dollar annual revenue organization with assets in the range of $9 billion. They own Madison Square Garden, the Forum in LA, the Rangers, the Knicks, the Liberty, the Conneticut Whale, Radio City Music Hall, and two theatres. I'm sure they won't be excited about buying out anything, but it's a minor drop in their massive bucket.

Finally, if Tort's is out (as many are predicting) who's to say the new coach doesn't want Richards around??? Remember the teams have this summer AND next summer to do buyouts. They already bought out Redden so they only have one more. They might want to wait until next season as Nash's deal isn't all that appealing either.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

that's very true Beans, but when does MSG finally say enough is enough? like you say he's been overpaying players since he started. are they really going to let him continue with this abysmal trend? you have to figure sooner rather then later they're going to reach a point where they'll show him the door if he keeps this up.

second, i don't even think the richest biggest corporation(s) in the world would EVER say "meh, it's only $59M. we don't give a crap." i think they do give a crap. that is A LOT of money. to invest in/pay one person $59M and not get any sort of return from it, is a very bad investment. it is not a drop in the bucket. it is a significant financial hit.
The Duke Posted - 05/24/2013 : 12:07:05
I guess Torts has a lot of pull in NY. i wonder who is gone this summer, torts or richards ?

torts is a basket case if you asked me
Beans15 Posted - 05/24/2013 : 11:58:07
Firstly, if Sather hasn't been fired yet it won't be over this. He has been overpaying players since he started in NY. He has signed some of the biggest contract in NHL history and there are a number of them that turned out to be busted.

Secondly, do you think MSG Company gives a crap about $59 million?? They are a billion dollar annual revenue organization with assets in the range of $9 billion. They own Madison Square Garden, the Forum in LA, the Rangers, the Knicks, the Liberty, the Conneticut Whale, Radio City Music Hall, and two theatres. I'm sure they won't be excited about buying out anything, but it's a minor drop in their massive bucket.

Finally, if Tort's is out (as many are predicting) who's to say the new coach doesn't want Richards around??? Remember the teams have this summer AND next summer to do buyouts. They already bought out Redden so they only have one more. They might want to wait until next season as Nash's deal isn't all that appealing either.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

The_Gipper Posted - 05/24/2013 : 11:21:53
Slozo, I think your bang on with that comment. the buyout option on Richards is a strong possibility.
we all know the cap is coming down for next season, but what most don't see is that the Rangers have a lot of players that are going to be FA's (both restricted and unrestricted) either at the end of this year, or the end of next year. they currently have 18 guys signed for next year with a cap hit of $51.5M, and then only 4 signed for the year following. they're going to need to free up some cap space to re-sign some of these guys. buying out Richards would help that.

sure wouldn't want to be in Sather's shoes when approaching the owners. that would make 3 of 4 big money long-term contracts he ended up buying out, and 4 out of 4 that didn't work out at all. could his job be on the line to?
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/24/2013 : 10:00:05
I really havent seen Richards play alot this year. Is he really playing that bad?

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
n/a Posted - 05/24/2013 : 07:32:49
Without an injury, he stays out.

Torts is a total douchebag, but that's beside the point in this case - Brad Richards has clearly falled off the map in terms of where his play needs to be at.

I smell a summer buyout!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 05/23/2013 : 20:31:03
Will he be back for game 5? They won without him. Why put him back in now?
Guest4676 Posted - 05/23/2013 : 19:06:34
Well it work he well be back for game 5 ..
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/23/2013 : 15:06:01
This just goes to show you, its not what you done for me in the past, but what you have done for me lately. That being said if there was a way to bench Torts for the series, I would rather have seen this move. I think this guy has lost his touch and is one of the more overated coaches in the league. If it weren't for the press conferences, where you can expect just about anything to come flying out of his mouth, I would expect very few people would care about this guy. Tampa's cup winning season aside, this guy is not the guy I would want representing my team on the ice or in the press.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page