Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Bolland's tendon

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
just1n Posted - 11/04/2013 : 11:07:41
Dave Bolland is out for a while with a cut tendon. I still can't really see where Kassian's foot hit on that play, but it wasn't a big lift and drop like Cooke on Karlsson. An unfortunate incident for sure.

I post this because I think Bieksa had a similar injury a few years ago, and doesn't he wear kevlar socks or something now? Would that have prevented Bolland's injury? Those skates must be insanely sharp!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fanoleaf Posted - 11/06/2013 : 14:30:26
Unfortunate....

Bolland has indeed been arguably one of the best Leafs. It is time for a number of players to step up to the challenge that has been presented with the recent injuries.

The players are all saying the "right" things and are demonstrating an attitude of commitment to the team. Guys like Kadri, and Clarkson could really take hold and run.

I have been hearing much discussion as to what Nonis should do with regards to trades. I would like to see if they can fill the gaps from within before looking at trade options. Their record allows them to not have to "rush" into anything too quickly, obviously they couldn't afford to go into a tail spin, but they do have a little time to see how things roll. Just remember when Clarkson was suspended the talk was that if they could play 500 hockey it would be a win.

only time will tell.
n/a Posted - 11/06/2013 : 06:40:15
Extremely tough injury for the Leafs, it's a big loss. Bolland had been our best forward consistently throughout this great start, and he will be missed even more at centre with the Bozak injury loss.

It's gut check time, let's see how my Leafs respond. I like that at least JVR had been tried at centre for a couple of pre-season games (by Calryle), and hopefully it doesn't turn into even more missed assignments . . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 11/04/2013 : 14:39:33
Bieksa's injury was a deep cut to the calf, not a severed tendon. Big difference.

Bolland is likely to be out for several months, tough loss for TOR, as mentioned he was having a great year. I too saw no intent on the part of Kassian (I saw no intent when Cooke took out Karlsson either), an unfortunate result to an otherwise good play
Alex116 Posted - 11/04/2013 : 11:32:28
Firstly, those skates ARE insanely sharp! Fact! Secondly, i just heard on the radio that Bolland actually was wearing the kevlar socks??? If that's true, WOW!

Def an unfortunate incident. PJ Stock talked about this and how when you hit a guy, it's not uncommon for skates to leave the ice like this. Def no intent there.

Shame for Bolland and the Leafs as he was off to a very good start there and was contributing in a big way.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page