Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Kings / Canucks

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 23:25:46
WOW!!! What a game tonight. I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed a game where my team lost as much as I did tonight! And it wasn't as though it was an entertaining 6-5 score either, as LA won 1-0!

This game was intense. Torts challenged the Canucks recently and boy did they show up! There were fights, hits, general nastiness, some nice saves and much more! Even the Sedin's were hitting, and I'm not just talking light bumps!!! Kesler and Brown, USA team mates, scrapped early in the 2nd and Sestito got himself 27 PIMs in just 1sec of icetime!! 1 second!!! Lol.

The Canucks did everything asked of them, except unfortunately, win (or get a point). Their PK was awesome including killing a 5-3 AND a 7min PP, however, yet again, their own PP let them down. Interestingly though, I've never seen John Tortarella more impressed with his team after a loss than what I saw tonight!

The only down side though, I still get the feeling that if the Canucks happen to meet LA in a 7 game series, they won't be able to play like they did tonight for a whole series!

I know most prob didn't see the game, especially those "back east" but man was that fun to watch!!!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 01/17/2014 : 09:51:17
Saw that result and the highlights, including the one flukey goal! Was the game entertaining though? You see, the LA / Van game was really good due to the history between these teams including a recent game where H. Sedin was "run" by Jordan Nolan. This led to the Canucks trying to be "tougher" and respond which is exactly what Tom Setito did, after Nolan hit Sedin yet again, only to have Nolan "turtle" and not "answer" his actions. It all comes back to "the code" and some are in agreement with it and some against it?

ANyway, what i was getting at is the Canucks just lost another 1-0 game last night, this time to the Coyotes. The difference in this one compared to the LA one was that many fans will have left this one wondering why they bothered! It was THAT dull and uneventful!
ryan93 Posted - 01/17/2014 : 05:50:06
The Rangers and Wings had a very entertaining 1-0 game last night as well. Both Lundqvist and Howard were stellar in net. Lundqvist stopping all 38 shots he faced, Howard stopped 47 of the 48 he faced with only a fluky shot by Zuccarello late in the 3rd able to get past him.
Alex116 Posted - 01/16/2014 : 15:12:14
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4477

Wow - what a game tonight! Canucks looked tough tonight! ;)

With a 9-1 loss to the Ducks, the Canucks "toughness" backfired with six (yes six) power play goals against.

The Ducks were not intimidated...at all!

When was the last time an NHL team (not a bottom team) lost so badly?

Lol. Not sure if you watched the game or not but it was more of a bad night on the PK mixed with some bad bounces, than it was anything to do with trying to be tough like they were the game prior. Don't get me wrong, i'm not blaming a few bad bounces on the 9-1 drubbing, but 4 or 5 of the goals were either off a Canuck (body, stick or skate) or resulted from bad bounces off the boards/stantions. It was a strange night. The reason the PP / PK numbers looks so bad is also due to the penalties called once the game was well out of reach. After 2, the minor penalties were 4-3 Canucks, so it's not as though they came out playing like a bunch of thugs trying to win it that way. Oh, and the penalties they got were for high sticking, tripping, etc. Not like they were all for roughing, charging, etc.

I think the 2nd goal, late in the first, was a critical one that really deflated the Canucks and at that point they absolutely had to score the next goal or it was all but over! Obviously they didn't.

On another note, again, not sure if you watched it, have you ever heard of a 2 man advantage for 7mins??? WTF? Thankfully the game was WAY out of reach by then, but still, that was crazy! Amidst all of what went on, they couldn't see even a 2min penalty to any of the Ducks??? Pretty funny actually. During that 7min 2 man advantage, the Canucks took a couple more slashing minors as well as Kassian and Bieksa both getting dibs on early showers with 10min misconducts. The Canucks bench was shrinking very quickly and i kind of wondered what would happen if they kept getting minors? I mean, the pp was going to last till pretty much the end of the game, and you don't go down to 2 men or less, so they may as well have kept hacking, tripping, cross checking, etc as there really wouldn't be much of a penalty??? Lol.

Cali does in the Canucks YET AGAIN. If nothing else, it just proves that this current edition of the Canucks, simply can't compete against the top tier teams in the conference. Regardless of a win recently vs StL, they just don't have the firepower to keep up with these elite teams and win a best of 7 vs any of them! I'd give more of a chance to the 8 seed in the east beating the Pens or Bruins than i would the Canucks winning a series vs StL, SJ, Chi, LA or Ana and unfortunately, it's one of those they'll get, IF they make the playoffs!
Guest4477 Posted - 01/16/2014 : 00:46:40
Wow - what a game tonight! Canucks looked tough tonight! ;)

With a 9-1 loss to the Ducks, the Canucks "toughness" backfired with six (yes six) power play goals against.

The Ducks were not intimidated...at all!

When was the last time an NHL team (not a bottom team) lost so badly?

nuxfan Posted - 01/14/2014 : 09:14:11
definitely exciting. I recall I 1-0 game in the playoffs a few years back vs DAL that was more exciting than this one... but it was up there.

I was impressed that VAN was able to play with LA physically. VAN doesn't often play an overly physical game, and normally gets beaten down by heavy teams like LA. But last night they gave as much as they received, which is encouraging. When the Sedin's start throwing hipchecks, you know you're getting a full team effort.

The PK has been their strength all year long, and last night was no exception. Shorthanded for the first 10 minutes of the game, including a 5-on-3 for a minute, and they outshot LA in that time. Crazy. LA went 0-7 on the PP, VAN simply shut them down.

The PP has been a problem for VAN all year long, so no real surprise that it didn't click last night. Quick also played very well when he had to, several great chances by VAN.
Statman Posted - 01/14/2014 : 04:27:55
Definitely the best 1-0 game I've ever seen. I think I probably picked up some bumps and bruises just watching it! Lol.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page