Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Ottawa's Big 3

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Senators315 Posted - 01/04/2009 : 00:07:33
Ottawa is really struggling, i'm a huge fan of ottawa but they have really been bad latetly. They've gone from winning the eatern conference to finishing 7th in the east and now are outside looking in to the playoff picture. I aunestly belive the Sens sould trade 1 or 2 of the Big 3 and get some more scoring for there 2nd and the 3rd line. They can even trade one of their big tickets and a couple other of the player to get a couple solid defence or a really good goaltender. I believe if they make a few changes in their roster they can make the playoffs and become a solid underdog team. What do you guys think Ottawa should do to turn there season around?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2918 Posted - 01/07/2009 : 17:44:52
I WENT TO WATCH THE FLAMES PLAY THE SENATORS IN CALGARY ON THE 27TH. THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME WAS GREAT WITH GREAT SPEED, CHECKING, AND GOOD TEAM DEFENSE. THE SECOND PERIOD BOTH TEAMS WHERE ABOUT EVEN. THE 3RD PERIOD ALFIE AND HEATLY WHERE NO EXISTANT EXCEPT WHEN MAKING STUPID DEFENSIVE PLAYS OR POOR OFFENSIVE PLAYS. SPEZZA SEEMED TO HAVE MORE ENERGY AND WAS THE MORE COMPETANT PLAYER.

MY THEORY IS THEY PLAY ALFIE TOO MUCH. HE LOOKS TIRED. HE PLAYS PP, PK AND 1ST OR SECOND LINE IN ALL SITUATIONS. WHEN HES TIRED HE MAKES BAD DEFENSIVE PLAYS. LOOK AT BUFFALO'S OT GOAL IN 2005 PLAYOFFS. ALFIE TIRED GETS BEAT BUFFALO PLAYER GETS BETWEEN HIM AND GOALIE AND WHAM BYE BYE SENS.
SEEN HIM MAKE BAD PLAYS ALOT (LATE) IN GAMES.

TRADE SPEZZA IF THEY CAN, BUT DO NOT GIVE HIM AWAY. HE IS NOT OVER PAID. TRY TO FIND A BIG FAST MOVING CENTER WITH 80+ POINT SESONS ON HIS RESUME FOR UNDER $5MILLION. YOU CAN FIND A 80 POINT WINGER OR A GOOD POINT D-MAN, BUT NOT CENTERS OF HIS CALIBER EASILY.

I REALLY THINK IF THEY CAN FIND A BUYER FOR HEATLY THEY SHOULD LOOK AT IT. I KNOW HE IS THE GOAL SCORER OF THE GROUP BUT HE IS NOT A GREAT 2WAY PLAYER. HE WOULD PROBABLY BE THE BIGGEST RETURN OF THE 3 PLAYERS.
Guest5443 Posted - 01/04/2009 : 16:07:13
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

You are right something needs to change in Ottawa because the only thing you can say is big about the "big 3" is their egos!!!...The "Big 3" egos are so huge they are not buying into a proven system being taught by the coach. ...I just call it as I see it. Oh and I hate the sens.

I don't see egos, I see Mr. Glass like fragility. 2 yrs ago, they were confident that they could do no wrong. If you scored againsts them, no worries, because they knew they would score right back. Now all I see is slumping shoulders with heads down when anything goes wrong (miss goal or goal against). The last thing I see are egos from the big 3. Don't let your hatred cloud your vision.
Porkchop73 Posted - 01/04/2009 : 04:06:08
Ottawa has signed their "big 3" to long term big contracts that might not be attractive to most teams. What is attractive is the talent they would bring. A trade of Alfredsson or Heatley is unlikely but i would not be surprised if they tried wheel and deal Spezza. You are right something needs to change in Ottawa because the only thing you can say is big about the "big 3" is their egos!!! Someone needs to remind them that they only went to the finals, they did not win the cup!!! Also they should listen to their coach, Hartsburg is an excellent motivator and a proven winner in the OHL and Canadian Natianol team. The "Big 3" egos are so huge they are not buying into a proven system being taught by the coach. It must be painful for Sens fans to watch the Leafs with no stars on their overachieving team outplay their "big 3" because that is all that Ottawa is, a 1 line team, with no D, and an overachieving goaltender. I just call it as I see it. Oh and I hate the sens.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page