Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Sheldon Souray - injury

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sharksfan44 Posted - 10/09/2009 : 16:05:54
hey guys just wondering if anyone knows anything about the condition of sheldon souray. He crashed into the boards last night in the 2nd period and did not return. It doesn't say anything about his condition anywhere that i've looked. I also have him in one of my pools so i'm even more concerned.

Also the detroit red wings suffered a major blow as now johan franzen is expected to be out 4 months with an ACL injury. what kind of impact do you think it will make on the red wings for the next 4 months?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 10/12/2009 : 12:46:20
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

The oilers called Taylor Chorney.

This could only happen after Souray was put on the IR. He is now unavailable until next Monday at the earliest.

Smart move. Gives Souray some definate rest and I thought the Coaches were on glue to think MacIntyre on the back end was a good Idea.

lyall Posted - 10/12/2009 : 11:26:52
The oilers called Taylor Chorney.
Beans15 Posted - 10/12/2009 : 08:40:32
I don't think the Oilers can call anyone up, without putting a current roster player (Pisani, Pouliot, MacIntyre, or Nilsson) on the Injured Reserve, meaning they are not able to go for at least 1 week. The Oilers will go with 6 D men, and put in MacIntyre as a 6th defenseman if needed.

That's what Quinn/Renney said the other day when they said that Souray would not be making the trip.
lyall Posted - 10/12/2009 : 00:53:19
Staios got inserted in to the line up after Souray's injury. Andonly 6 defenseman made the road trip. Staios is still having mild head aches and the Oilers will call some one up from the minors if he is a no go.
Guest9973 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 22:11:14
I concede, Alex116 is right, and so is Beans15.
Beans15 Posted - 10/11/2009 : 08:28:13
Ok gents, let's not argue what is a mild concussion and what is a major concussion. Both are brain injuries and both are hard to predict when a return date will be.

That being said, Souray is not planning on joining the team on their 2 game road trip this week so I would suspect that next Friday against Minny will potentially be his first game back.

In the mean time, the Oiler's will have Strudwick inserted in the Line up. Potentially (and surprisingly) the Oilers will ice MacIntyre as as defensemen if they have another injury.
Alex116 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 23:05:40
Mild concussion is an appropriate term. I don't think the poster was saying it shouldn't be treated as seriously as a more severe one, rather it was being pointed out that it could have been much worse. There's a grading system involved in diagnosing a concussion and has to do with loss of consciousness and amnesia. Either way, athletes these days are well taken care of for the most part as far as head injuries go. Hopefully Souray is back sooner than later....
Guest9973 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 22:19:35
No, once again, your brain is sensitive: a concussion is a concussion. If the injury is serious enough to be labeled by doctors as a concussion, then its hard to tell how long the effects of that type of injury regardless of whether the media calls it mild or not. Your brain replenishes its cells completely every few decades, other organs every few weeks. No brain injury should be labeled mild. Although, Guest 9235, you are right that are more severe injuries. My point is simply that all brain injuries should be treated equally seriously.
Guest9235 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 22:03:17
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9973

Sorry, but "mild concussion" is not appropriate: remember that any concussion is a brain injury, so don't expect any real time frame. Remember Hemsky's concussion last year? They gave a time for his return, and it took him much longer to return. Everyone's case is different. It's not like a broken bone that has an average time for healing, so hang tough if you can, because once Souray is back, he'll start firing one-times off the blue line, unless his shoulder gives out.

Yes mild concussion is apropriate. It is not a huge concussion therefore more likeley he will come back quicker as it is less serious than a major concussion, which is possibly career ending
Guest9973 Posted - 10/10/2009 : 19:33:03
Sorry, but "mild concussion" is not appropriate: remember that any concussion is a brain injury, so don't expect any real time frame. Remember Hemsky's concussion last year? They gave a time for his return, and it took him much longer to return. Everyone's case is different. It's not like a broken bone that has an average time for healing, so hang tough if you can, because once Souray is back, he'll start firing one-times off the blue line, unless his shoulder gives out.
Kirby Posted - 10/10/2009 : 15:09:40
I heard its a mild concussion, not sure how long he will be out. As to Franzen, it will hurt them, but they should still be a pretty damn good team

I skate where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.-Wayne Gretzky
brentrock2 Posted - 10/09/2009 : 16:10:29
Souray wasn’t available after the game. Quinn doesn’t know how long Souray will be out.

The five remaining Oilers defencemen — Lubomir Visnovsky, Tom Gilbert, Denis Grebeshkov, Ladislav Smid and Jason Strudwick — all played at least 22 minutes and picked up the slack for Souray, who only played 10 shifts and seven minutes. They could have used Souray’s booming shot in overtime with a four-on-three power play. Strudwick had bolted up the left side and was tripped by Mark Giordano.

anyways I dont think that anyone knows how long he'll be out for, sorry.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page