Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Has John Leclair Played his last NHL Game?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 12/01/2006 : 11:41:57
John Leclair cleared waivers and could get sent down to Wilkes-Barre. If he were to be placed on re-entry waivers, which team do you think will claim him?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bablaboushka Posted - 12/02/2006 : 12:01:50
I think he could make another good 3rd-line rent-a-player, à la Mark Recchi of last year.
leumas Posted - 12/02/2006 : 10:29:52
quote:
It would be too bad for a guy like Leclair being out like that, it is too bad that teams can treat these older guys like dogs and thow them out into the cold after being faithful for so long to the league. The guys still has some game left and he is a good leader, I think he deserves to get picked up.

True!

However, this is where professional hockey is right now. Players jump around from team to team looking for the best contracts for the most $$$. Most teams these days are rarely together for more than a year or two. So when an aging veteran gets dumped by a team he's only played on for maybe a season or two, its no wonder he gets no respect

I remember a John Leclair interview on television a long time ago. During his glory days in Philly. He was joking about how many points he was getting at the time being that he was never really much of a shooter or passer. I don't think Leclair ever had that "elite" scorer's touch. He was a big guy who found a niche in the old NHL system.

It kills me that there seems to be so many bigger players having trouble adjusting to the newer faster NHL. Sure the bigger players in many cases are slower however, there are lots of slow skating, average size players who are successfull. Big guys need to use better body position to let their size work for them. It seems that many of them just aren't doing that right now.

John Leclair has definetly slowed down but still has all the ability to play at this level. Whether he gets picked up is a money issue in my opinion.

He'd be a good addition for any struggling team that could afford him.

Guest4187 Posted - 12/02/2006 : 05:03:47
Oh, I forgot.

Lots of people remembered Leclair like a guy capable of 90 pts in a season...

Ok, he won the Stanley Cup with the Canadiens in 1993, but it was the Patrick Roy's Cup. He never had more than 45 pts per season with them.

With Philadelphia, sure, he had more than 90 pts a couple of times, but, who's playing with him? Recchi and Lindros. Before his arrival, Brent Fedyk looks pretty good with this duo too...

IMO, Leclair was a good sithly over average player, who has been at the right place at the right time. Now, with his 37 yo and slower than ever, he's defenitely done.
Guest4187 Posted - 12/02/2006 : 04:52:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9894

The Canadiens are in that poll because he played for them. Moron.

Thanks for the moron. I fully appreciate.

I know Leclair played in Montreal in the beginning of 1990's (almost 15 years ago by the way). I was in Montreal at this time.

But the hockey team in Montreal is complete for now. Every roster player, IMO, play better or have a more important role than Leclair (at 37 yo, I repeat) can have on this team.

Leclair in Montreal??? Please, I don't think Gainey will even believe this possible one moment.

Look at Leclair himself: he is slow, he had lost his scoring touch, ask 1.5M, .... this isnt making any sense. And look at the Pens, a team full of talent on 2 lines and full of AHLers on the 2 others, and they want to get rid of him... My evaluation: he had to take his retirement.
Guest7198 Posted - 12/01/2006 : 18:18:19
Who has the cap room? No one, that's who. Because of such a low cap limit combined with overpaid superstars, there are almost never any trades or free agent pickups midseason. Leclaire is old, but still has some skill and leadership abilities, but really, nobody can afford him until next offseason, and by then, he'll probably be out of shape and tired of the way he's been treated. John Leclaire has played his last game.
Guest6916 Posted - 12/01/2006 : 18:07:13
I think he'd be a good addition in vancouver, some scoring and some size.
Ryan Harper Posted - 12/01/2006 : 15:03:37
Yah there has been rumors that he could end up in Montreal and Philly since he playe din both of these cities. Vancouver because they are having trouble scoring, St Louis to reunite an all US Geriatric power forward line of Guerin Tkachuk and Leclair. Dallas to reunite two thirds of the Legion of Doom.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Guest7669 Posted - 12/01/2006 : 14:48:11
It would be too bad for a guy like Leclair being out like that, it is too bad that teams can treat these older guys like dogs and thow them out into the cold after being faithful for so long to the league. The guys still has some game left and he is a good leader, I think he deserves to get picked up.
Guest0355 Posted - 12/01/2006 : 14:46:05
Theres no chance in hell hes going to philly, they already have too many guys like him. The only ones i could see picking him up are chicago, since they need someone with some experience/any forward who can play, or maybe st. louis since they really cant get any worse.
Guest9894 Posted - 12/01/2006 : 14:05:20
The Canadiens are in that poll because he played for them. Moron.
Guest7878 Posted - 12/01/2006 : 13:34:31
Montreal?? How come Canadiens are in that poll? Sorry, but no one in the NHL of 2006 need a guy like Leclair on their team. The Leclair of 2006 at 37 years old, I mean.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page