Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Koci vs. Liambis

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiller33 Posted - 12/16/2009 : 15:31:53
Koci hit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8hR5UQltaM

Liambis hit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unlpJMAVHA

To me these two hits are identical. We all know what happen to Liambis and the NHL has yet to announce what Koci is getting.

The only 2 differences I see are that Green actually had his helmet done up properly unlike Liambis and that Green is experienced enough to know not to sit behind his own net with his back turned to the play. I'm not defending either hit but i think both guys being hit need to accept some responsibility.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 12/16/2009 : 16:43:46
I was prepared to write a detailed post disagreeing with Tiller but you did a fine job Fat Elvis. I agree with your assessment that Green didn't turn his back at the last second. Luckily the same force was not exhibited in this hit compared to the Liambis hit, but the Koci hit was far more dangerous and intentional. The Liambis hit was a series of unfortunate events that started with an overzealous hitter.
Tiller33 Posted - 12/16/2009 : 16:14:21
Fair enough "accepting responsibility" is a bad way to phrase it on my part i think.

What I'm trying to say is that we have all been taught since Atom not to face the boards with our feet still, especially behind your own net, yet we still see guys doing it at these elite levels. Not in anyway trying to exempt the guys making the hits from responsibility or from supplementary discipline. And yes fat elvis youre right Green doesn't turn and Koci seems to let up a little.

There's a lot of dirty old occ's around thats the problem
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 12/16/2009 : 15:55:24
I respectfully, yet vehemently disagree.

There really is no comparison, IMO, between the two circumstances, other than the fact they were driven face first into the boards/glass.

Koci's hit screams of idiocy and reckless disregard and could have been a much more damaging hit, had it been delivered with the force of Liambas'. Green was facing the boards the whole time, and Koci still took the the run, moronic.

Liambis' hit was charging, boarding, malicious intent, speeding in a school zone, and all the other disgressions already pointed out in another thread, but the player he creamed, DID, turn at the last moment and the situation went south as it did..

Again, IMO, look the same? Maybe, but in reality, if Liambas gets a season long suspension for his, Koci should get the same or more, due to the fact that his hit was much more malicious and dangerous, with intent, intent, intent.

There is no way Green should have to accept any responsibility when he was clearly, through the whole sequence, playing the puck in a vulnerable position. A player should have to keep their head up, but not worry about being hit in that type of a position. The onus lies completely with the checker to not hit a compromised player. There is NO checking a player from behind when near the boards, period. Every sweater in the world, except the NHL, has that big stop sign on the back as a reminder. Maybe Koci has a reading disability, he certainly has a judgement one.

Sad reality is probably going to be maybe 3-5 games, nice job NHL.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page