Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Canadiens prospect Tim Bozon released fr. Hospita Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2014 :  11:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed this story from our news feed earlier this month. Scary stuff!

Fitzgerald Cecilio - 4E Sports Reporter - via AHN

Saskatoon, SK, Canada (4E Sports) - Montreal Canadiens prospect Tim Bozon is out of the intensive care unit after contracting a form of acute bacterial meningitis last month.

According to the Saskatoon Health Region, Bozon, who plays for the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League, is awake and recovering at Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

The office added that Bozon is attempting to feed himself and speak.

A third-round pick of the Canadiens in 2012, Bozon was admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) at Royal University Hospital March 1 with Neisseria Meningitidis. He was put in an induced coma since being admitted to the ICU.

The Western Hockey League has established a trust fund to assist the Bozon family with medical and rehabilitation costs.

Bozon, who had 30 goals and 62 points in 50 games for Kootenay this season, was admitted to Royal University Hospital the morning after scoring a goal in 4-2 victory against the Saskatoon Blades in Saskatoon on Feb. 28.

It was at that time Bozon's parents were contacted and joined their 19-year-old son at the hospital in Saskatoon after arriving from their home in Cureglia, Switzerland.

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2014 :  22:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leigh.....thanks for posting this update. I had read about this kid and heard his entire team and I believe the team he was playing against the day/night he got ill, were all given shots to battle what is a very contagious disease! Don't think anyone else contracted it thankfully and hopefully this kid will be okay.

Any idea if there can / will be any long term affects? Will this kid be able to play hockey again more than likely or is it a long shot? Obviously his health is #1 priority over hockey, but curious what the prognosis is moving forward?

I've been too busy looking for a lost 777 to keep up with this poor kid's story. Hope he recovers fully!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page