Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 Sharks ripped up by Coyotes 8-0 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tiger
Top Prospect

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  19:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The league's 7th place Sharks lost to the 27th place Coyotes last night. Not by a couple goals but by 8! That is a smoke show if I've every seen one. I think it might be the biggest blow out of the season so far.

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  19:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's too bad.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  20:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm actually glad this happened. It's a statement to everyone in the league that the Pacific is not just a three-team division. I know this is only one win for Phoenix and they should have been able to bank some goals for some other losses but it goes to show that you can never under-estimate your opponent. Anaheim, Dallas and San Jose don't have cake walks when playing LA and Phoenix, and even though San Jose seems to have much more trouble with them than the others, it's never a night off. In its last 4 games, Phoenix has beaten SJ twice and Anaheim once, which isn't too shabby. It ALSO reinforces the fact that the Pacific division is the strongest division in the league.

Too bad it was at the expense of the Sharks though . I'd say it was the most convincing upset of the season so far.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 12/31/2006 20:51:00
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  21:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anaheim lost to Minni tonight too. And I heard on The Score that Pronger is out indefinitely. Before tonight Dallas was tied with SJS. So maybe the winds of change are sweeping through the Pacific??? Maybe the whole div will only be separated by a couple points and we can all talk about how mediocre it is. (just kidding)

Happy New Year my eastern friend. Talk to you in 07!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  15:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, nice try comparing the NW to the Pacific.

Toskala has been so shaky lately but that's ok. He'd been playing stellar up until a couple games ago and I'd much rather he do this now than in the playoffs. Great bounce-back against Dallas last night though, with a 4-2 win. A few losses won't drag the Sharks down, it'll just bring them back down to reality.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  17:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger

The league's 7th place Sharks lost to the 27th place Coyotes last night. Not by a couple goals but by 8! That is a smoke show if I've every seen one. I think it might be the biggest blow out of the season so far.

As Al Michaels would say, "Do you believe in miracles?"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  09:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to throw in a shot here, and a point about the strength of the Northwest. Then I realized that the Oilers are 2-8-0 in thier last ten. I have nothing to say at this point.

Bad loss Babs, but you are right, this is only one game and San Jose is still one of the most dominant teams in the league.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page