Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Boston
 2010-11 season - Boston Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  15:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

Well, needless to say i was not far off on my prediction of 4th in the East, a solid 3th. They won the division today and then?
I'm thinking they will be in the final, Philly is gonna be a battle but I think we got the edge this year.
Think, word and discuss............

Tox...who'd you expect to win the division? To come 4th, wouldn't the Bruins have had to finish behind another team in their div?
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie

Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  23:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Montreal and Boston have met in the playoffs more than any other two teams, and Montreal has won the far greater majority of those series. They may be small, injury-laden.... but I still think they can continue to pad that stat and take out the Bruins again this year.
Win or lose, it should be a bloody battle.
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  02:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

Well, needless to say i was not far off on my prediction of 4th in the East, a solid 3th. They won the division today and then?
I'm thinking they will be in the final, Philly is gonna be a battle but I think we got the edge this year.
Think, word and discuss............

Tox...who'd you expect to win the division? To come 4th, wouldn't the Bruins have had to finish behind another team in their div?

Yes and I expected that.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  02:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pasty, what's the bet? Looking good so far...........

as soon as it's confirmed Boston Mtl i\ll have a bet to propose right now i'm trying to think of something new and original

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  06:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted byAlex116

quote:
Yes and I expected that.

So, who'd you think was going to win the NE div? Did you think the Habs were going to win that div? Buffalo? Surely not Toronto or Ottawa? Just curious, as i know Buffalo was a team which a lot of people disagreed on when talking success this year. Some thought they were going to be good, others thought they were going to be horrible! And if it were Montreal you were picking to finish ahead of the Bruins, i'd be mildly surprised, though i'd give you credit for admitting it (if that's the case).
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  07:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted byAlex116

quote:
Yes and I expected that.

So, who'd you think was going to win the NE div? Did you think the Habs were going to win that div? Buffalo? Surely not Toronto or Ottawa? Just curious, as i know Buffalo was a team which a lot of people disagreed on when talking success this year. Some thought they were going to be good, others thought they were going to be horrible! And if it were Montreal you were picking to finish ahead of the Bruins, i'd be mildly surprised, though i'd give you credit for admitting it (if that's the case).

To be honest, after the lackluster season last year from the Bruins and the amazing run Montreal put on, I did expect Montreal to come out on top, but, they keep breaking all their players. I expected Montreal to do more at the deadline as well.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  19:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man, what game tonight for the Rangers. That was the most satisfying win in a long, long time! I'm not going to lie, down 3-0 against Thomas & the Bruins, playing as poorly as they were for the first 30 minutes...i didn't forsee a comeback. I was starting to get nervous as well, b/c a Rangers loss meant both Carolina & Buffalo would control their own destiny & the Rangers could win both their remaining games and still miss.

I can't say enough good things about Ryan Callahan. He came up huge on the tying goal by Dubinsky, and then trying to preserve the win in the final minutes, twice he went down to block Zdeno Chara bombs. Callahan is the heart & sole of this Rangers team, and i think it's time Chris Drury passes on the captaincy...

There's still a possiblity of a Bruins/Rangers first round matchup.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  22:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan....i have two Rangers in my pool right now (Dubinsky and Callahan) and i'm in a battle for 1st place. Guy i'm up against has Horton and Krejci AND i'm up 7 on him going into tonight! So, when i see it at 3-0, i'm sweatin' bad!

Funny thing is, i see the 5-3 score later (flashed really quickly on the screen) and originally think it's 5-3 Bruins!!!

Boy was i surprised to see it was the Rangers who came back with 5 straight! Oh, and i was pleased to see that my guys played to an even 2 pts vs my competitions!
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  12:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well bad news Alex, Ryan Callahan suffered a broken ankle in the final minute last night courtesy of a Zdeno Chara slapshot. According to Torts, he's "out long term". Not good for you, and devasting news for the Rangers.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  13:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know! I just heard that on the radio earlier, i'm choked, as i'm sure you are. He's been a huge surprise for the Rangers this year and will be missed dearly as the playoffs loom!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2746
( )

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  18:01:16  Reply with Quote
Very interesting in reading some of these comments. Some where bang on, while others were way off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page