Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Manny Malhotra in the final? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lunchbox
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  01:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will Manny Malhotra return to play in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final?

Choices:

Yes
No

Lunchbox
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  02:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the lates on the Malhotra injury from NHL.com:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=563985

Apparently Gillis danced around the question of him returning, and even hinted that when they stated Manny was "done for the year" it was only to protect his privacy while he dealt with the injury.

Even if he is playing, do the Canucks need him? Do they risk disrupting the line-up to put him in? Also, who does he replace?

I have a feeling that he's closer than the organization is letting on, but there is no way they would risk further injury to Manny. I have a feeling that he will sit until one team has three wins, and the Canucks are either on the verge of winning or are in desperation mode.

Edit: Just saw that Alex already started this topic a while ago...dont know how I missed that...well this is still good for the poll, but discussion is linked below:

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16763

Edited by - Lunchbox on 05/28/2011 02:03:47
Go to Top of Page

Guest7275
( )

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  07:15:46  Reply with Quote
he will return belive in me i am magic guy!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  10:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm predicting he's in for game 1 in a 4th line roll, but will be used more than just 4th line as he will be on the ice for key faceoffs and defensive situations. I don't think they'll immediately fire him into PK situations, at least not for his first game.

Hodgson will find himself in the press box as he's just not trusted enough right now by the coaching staff.

I can't wait to hear the crowd when he steps on the ice, be it this game, the next, the next, etc or even if it's next year. He's absolutely loved here in Vancouver and to make such a quick comeback from a potentially career ending injury is so good for him!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  11:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he's definitely in for the finals - he wouldn't be practicing this hard if he weren't gearing up for it. The delayed start to the finals helps him out a lot there, I can't see a competitor like him not being ready for next Wednesday or Saturday.

3rd or 4th line, depending on how many minutes he can handle early, and all the faceoffs he wants to take.

I'll be at game 2, so I sort of home he starts that game - you're right Alex, the reception will be huge, he is much loved by the Canuck faithfull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6816
( )

Posted - 06/11/2011 :  20:03:47  Reply with Quote
He has showed up for the final, andi in overall preformance, I'd say AWESOME
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page