Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Dallas
 Tootoo vs. Modano & Robidas! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  18:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else see the punch Tootoo threw on Robidas? Tootoo hit Modano, Robidas came charging in and went to knock Tootoo on his ass, but before he could Tootoo dropped him with a one-punch to the face. It was a vicious punch but I think he was defending himself.

They are talking suspension for Tootoo which I think is a joke. He threw a punch at a guy who was looking to take his head off with an illegal hit. If one gets suspended then the other should too.

And not to mention the slash Modano pulled on Tootoo in the incident. Throw them all a suspension. But Tootoo's should be minor. I heard Bob McKenzie on TSN say 7 or 8 games. Are you kidding!!!! 2 or 3 tops, if any.

Couldn't find any video yet.

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  18:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
by the way, Robidas was knocked out cold and left the ice on a stretcher. It was one hell of a punch!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  18:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give Tootoo a game and fine Modano. Modano's swing was uncalled for and could have been dangerous had he not let up. Like McKenzie said, fine Modano so that it he is known as an offender but there is no need to suspend him because despite the gesture, he did let up quite a bit.

Tootoo should get a game for over-aggressively defending himself. Instead of protecting himself, he initiated the retaliation in a rather vicious way.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  18:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds reasonable to me Babs. Modano did follow through, but he clearly let up. What about Robidas?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  19:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only caught the video once and I only noticed the stick-swing/punch. I'd have to see the clip again to see the whole scenario.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 03/18/2007 19:43:25
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  22:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robidas didn't really do anything out of the ordinary, he just ran Tootoo. Anyone would have done it to protect their star player. No big deal. But 7 out of 10 times it results in a fight. So my thought is that Tootoo shouldn't be penalized any differently than if it was 2 players having a fight and one of them happened to knock the other out in 1 punch. I mean, considering that Robidas was the aggressor/instigator he should have been ready to get his block knocked off. Incidentally, Robidas got a charging penalty on the play.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  22:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the video for everyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn05Q5yxmPY
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  23:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tootoo definalty deserves a suspension for the puch, that was brutal, call it defending yourself but Robidas didnt do anything to Tootoo then Tootoo just puches him in the face, it was brutal

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  04:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tootoo desevers 1 game and a small fine.
Go to Top of Page

Nashvillain
Top Prospect

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  08:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Give Tootoo a game and fine Modano. Modano's swing was uncalled for and could have been dangerous had he not let up. Like McKenzie said, fine Modano so that it he is known as an offender but there is no need to suspend him because despite the gesture, he did let up quite a bit.

I totally agree. We might be talking about Tootoo being taken off on a stretcher if Robidas was a little faster or Tootoo a little slower. The first time I saw it I thought Modano swinging his stick was the big penalty on the play. If Tootoo gets more than a three games, Modano will get one game.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  13:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Tootoo definalty deserves a suspension for the puch, that was brutal, call it defending yourself but Robidas didnt do anything to Tootoo then Tootoo just puches him in the face, it was brutal

C-man, are you serious? Robidas was coming in full tilt and went to use both hands and both elbows to take his head off. Tootoo just beat him to it. I'm not saying Tootoo is a victim here, I actually think he deserves a game or two. But let's not kid ourselves, Robidas is not innocent. he got a charging call on the play. What if Tootoo was KO'd on the play? Would Robidas get a suspension? He was called for charging.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  14:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

C-man, are you serious? Robidas was coming in full tilt and went to use both hands and both elbows to take his head off. Tootoo just beat him to it. I'm not saying Tootoo is a victim here, I actually think he deserves a game or two. But let's not kid ourselves, Robidas is not innocent. he got a charging call on the play. What if Tootoo was KO'd on the play? Would Robidas get a suspension? He was called for charging.

I see we have very deferent opinions on the matter, I saw, as most of the leugue and hockey people in the media saw it as a dirty sucker punch, Robidas was not "Flying in with both elbows" he was coming in to merly defend his star player and Tootoo just nailed him defending yourself would just be holding his hands up, or maybe dropping your golves to fight robidas, but did Tootoo do that NO! he just gave a dirty sucker punch.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  15:34:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tootoo should be suspended no question
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  20:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Did anyone else see the punch Tootoo threw on Robidas? Tootoo hit Modano, Robidas came charging in and went to knock Tootoo on his ass, but before he could Tootoo dropped him with a one-punch to the face. It was a vicious punch but I think he was defending himself.

They are talking suspension for Tootoo which I think is a joke. He threw a punch at a guy who was looking to take his head off with an illegal hit. If one gets suspended then the other should too.

And not to mention the slash Modano pulled on Tootoo in the incident. Throw them all a suspension. But Tootoo's should be minor. I heard Bob McKenzie on TSN say 7 or 8 games. Are you kidding!!!! 2 or 3 tops, if any.

Couldn't find any video yet.

Leigh i can not agree with you any more. That is exactly rite.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page