Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Ryan O'Reilly Trade Destination Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  04:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

Just to give an update:
- teams reportedly interested are the rangers, senators, and flyers but none liked the high asking price. I wouldn't be surprised if buffalo came into the situation soon or if the avs started fielding offers from teams in the west.

- Ryan's father wrote an article to the Denver post which was interesting to say the least:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/

To which Ryan replied on twitter by saying:
@Ryan_OReilly90: I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.

- I have no idea how a team is going to be able to fit him under the cap at around 4.5 million per season with the cap going down next year. One team with plenty of cap space is the avalanche...

- apparently oreilly has the same agency as pk subban which I find interesting
- this same agency submitted a lengthy (some reports say 25+ pages) on why Ryan is one of the best two way defensive players the league has ever seen

- at this point I am praying for someone to send an offer sheet just so the avs match it.

- can anyone enlighten me on what happens if he isn't traded by the end of the season ... He can't sign until his rfa status is over?

66 is > than 99

I finally read his dad's letter. Ugh, that was a bit cringe-worthy . . . does his dad not realise that spelling and punctuation are so important when trying to present yourself as someone who puts in 100% effort (someone who is a life coach)? How can this dad pretend that he puts in 100% effort when he makes so many elementary errors?!?

On top of that . . . he is wrong in his analogy of his son being a 95% student who is being offered a 65% mark to "make the other kids feel better". In reality, he's probably a 75 to 80% guy, asking for 90% based on what he could do in the future.

And the more I read up on him, the more I think he is a mid-skilled guy with a high compete level who may never get more than 60 points. Thinking of a Leaf example, a guy like Kulemin in terms of skill, and with a work ethic like Grabovski.

I am suddenly glad the Leafs are not in the hunt.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  08:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

On top of that . . . he is wrong in his analogy of his son being a 95% student who is being offered a 65% mark to "make the other kids feel better". In reality, he's probably a 75 to 80% guy, asking for 90% based on what he could do in the future.

Apparently the 65 is supposed to be in reference to Matt duchene which is even worse.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  08:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! That might just be the most poorly written piece i've ever attempted to read. I'm actually physically tired after trying to read that mess. At the beginning, the reporter says "It has been lightly touched up for a couple minor spelling and punctuation things". REALLY? Well, either he forgot to hit "save" after making his changes, or he's just as bad grammatically!!! There are many punctuation errors, spelling mistakes, errors in grammar, incomplete sentences, run-on sentences, etc, etc. It's absolutely horrible. I would love to see a high school english teacher read this and grade it. Take the "95" and divide it by "65" and you'd have somewhere near the score i think it'd get out of 100!!!

He ought to be ashamed of himself for having this go public!!!

As for O'Reilly, my stance remains the same. I think he's asking too much and has yet to prove his worth. He should sign a 2-3 year deal at approx 3mil per and move on!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page