Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Phaneuf - Disappointment Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest0264
( )

Posted - 12/24/2013 :  05:51:32  Reply with Quote
In a 11 team points only league(G,A,PPP,SHG) and Phaneuf has been real disappointing for me. He is pretty much my weakest link and I'm pondering dropping him for someone on waivers. Trading is also an option but I doubt there are any takers.

Current players on the wire are McDonagh, Niskanen, Zidlicky, E. Johnson, Tyutin, and Carlson. Should I hang on to Phaneuf or drop him? My other Dmen are Subban, Yandle, and Fowler if that helps.

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2013 :  08:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tough call. If I were you, presented with the options on the waiver wire, I would probably keep Phaneuf. Not because Phaneuf is amazing, but because none of the options present a significant upgrade to him. Phaneuf is playing like the Leafs are playing, and they're not playing well right now. He gets all the PP and ES time that he wants with them, so if they do turn things around and have a strong second half, his performance should rebound.

If you do consider the trade, then I would probably pickup McDonagh or Carlson. McDonagh had a slow start but has been better in the last month and is finally picking up ports - trouble is the Rangers don't score a whole bunch. Carlson benefits from playing with a highly offensive team and gets some points - trouble is he's not the primary offensive dman on Washington, and won't get the same chances that Green will.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2013 :  09:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're prob best off keeping Dion at this point. I'd also ask, are you limited to a certain number of trades to make? This is important because, as nuxfan mentioned, the potential in upgrade points wise isn't all that great with the options in front of you. You're better off saving your trades for injuries as the season is not even quite at the half way point yet. If they're unlimited, then perhaps make a move. I'd prob lean towards Mcdonagh myself. Niskanen, being on Pittsburgh, is tempting as well, though keep in mind, Letang is supposed to be back real soon and will eat into the quality ice time that Niskanen may be getting (pp time).
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2013 :  12:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

You're prob best off keeping Dion at this point. I'd also ask, are you limited to a certain number of trades to make? This is important because, as nuxfan mentioned, the potential in upgrade points wise isn't all that great with the options in front of you. You're better off saving your trades for injuries as the season is not even quite at the half way point yet. If they're unlimited, then perhaps make a move. I'd prob lean towards Mcdonagh myself. Niskanen, being on Pittsburgh, is tempting as well, though keep in mind, Letang is supposed to be back real soon and will eat into the quality ice time that Niskanen may be getting (pp time).

I agree with Niskanen, but I think he will still receive decent icetime, as Letang's play has come into question this year, whereas Niskanen has been applauded for his fill in time.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5694
( )

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  08:59:02  Reply with Quote
Ended up standing pat with Phaneuf. And yes, I do have a certain amount of trades. 30 max for the year. Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page