Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Toronto out of the Playoffs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  09:50:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nothing makes me happier than to see the Leafs miss the playoffs with their traditional late-season collapse. It's same situation year after year only with different GM's, coaches, and players. What is incredibly consistent is how it happens. Year after year they streak to near the top of the East, then they become average, then they tank. About the time they tank the Leaf Nation will start in on the coach sucks, the GM sucks, the players suck, blah, blah, blah. Rinse and repeat the following year.

The difference with this year was this was supposed to be leap forward. They made the playoffs last season (albeit in a shortened season) and made a push against Boston. They should have been not only a playoff team but a fringe contender. Instead, they are golfing next week and they won't even get an early draft pick as a reward!

Do you guys remember when that guy made that trade for Phil Kessel?? That guy gave up 3 draft picks that, regardless of how many people will argue differently, would have been Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, and Jared Knight. Remember all the arguments from the Leaf fans saying they would rather have a proven player in Kessel than a player with potential like Seguin?? Remember that! Remember that meatball that kept on talking crap about how Kessel scores more points so he is better than anyone in the trade??

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Leafs have over $20 million committed to Kessel, Clarkson, and Phaneuf all for long term contracts. Take nothing away from those players, they are all talents in their own right. However, they could have had Seguin and Hamilton signed for a combined $7 million for the next couple of seasons and had not only cap space to sign legitimately talented players (not Clarkson) and two cornerstone players who are younger and every bit as talented as the expensive players they have today. Brian Burke set the Leafs back years and Nonis has continued that trend.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm sure there will be a pile of people come back over the top and talk crap about the Oilers. That's fine. The Oilers suck and will suck for a while longer. They may never be good again. I'm not denying that. The only thing in the entire world better than your team winning is to see complete failure from the team you hate the most.

THE LEAFS SUCK AND THE BELOVED LEAF NATION DOESN'T HAVE A SINGLE ARGUMENT OTHERWISE.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Recently someone posted the forums have been quite lately. It’s because the Leaf fans have NOTHING to say and NOTHING they can say.

I will now return to my very peaceful hiatus. Beans out...always lurking in the background waiting for the right time to strike!

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  09:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS, I've been gone for a long time but had I'd been around I would have likely lost a bet to Slozo. Enjoy my Leafs avatar for the playoffs and offseason.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  14:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

PS, I've been gone for a long time but had I'd been around I would have likely lost a bet to Slozo. Enjoy my Leafs avatar for the playoffs and offseason.

Welcome back beans, if it makes you feel any better I won my bet with slozo,

Also being a habs fan I understand your delight in seeing the leafs fail to make the post season, but I do say what I do not delight in is the poor state of the Canadian teams in the nhl. With exception to my habs none are in the playoffs, and none seem to be in shape to make a run at the cup in the next couple seasons, as a Canadian hockey fan I do like seeing all the Canadian teams succeed.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  19:19:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again Beans, gone a long time buddy....where you been ??

Guess it took the whole hockey season for one of your predictions to be right, LOL..is this why you are only now tuning in ??.....just kidding

Beans if you are referring to me as one of those meatballs, i guess you haven`t been reading any of my posts lately regarding the leafs and our great leader Dion ( bonehead ) Phaneuf.

The leafs collapse was caused by many reasons, pick one.....no apparent on ice system...worst leader on defense in hockey ( neon dion )....Franson`s constant turn-overs ( - 18 )i think ) team worst.......terrible 2 way play by kadri.......lupul ( - 14 ) worst of any leaf forward......no secondary scoring........3rd and 4th lines are total crap.......Bolland gone for the season.......lack of effort on most nights.......lousy forecheck........can`t get the puck over their blue-line......and on top of all this Bernier gets hurt for a good stretch of the last quarter....that was their total demise, no goal-tender available to bail them out of all their screw ups.

Phaneuf the dummy gets on then post game and always sez....we made some costly mistakes.......does this moron truely realize i wonder that HE IS THE ONE MAKING MOST OF THOSE MISTAKES !!!!!....what a goof ball...omg

If i were the leafs owner / president of hockey operations...whatever, i would in this order......
1 ) Fire Dave Nonis......not that he has done a lousy job but.....he gave that idiot Phaneuf 7 million for 7 years ( reason enough for firing )

2 ) Fire Caryle and his entire staff....any team giving up 40 - 50 shots on most nights need a new approach.

3 ) Trade Phaneuf or get rid of him and utilize his cap space with talent.

4 ) Trade Franson and his give aways.

5 ) Trade Lupul to a contender and get some more youth in return.

6 ) Trade kadri and get a bigger center with defensive skills

7 ) Clarkson has to be dealt with.....which scenario ? not my call

8 ) Try to get Bolland and Bernier to stick around

9 ) Try to get 2 or 3 UFA defenseman who can actually play defense

10 ) That never ending search for a 1st line center with size.

Anyway, i`ve had my out lash ......any thoughts by leaf fans ??
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  21:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man oh Man! Knowing Beans' hatred for everything Canucks, it just makes me shake my head at how much he really must hate the Leafs!

Good to see you're still around Beans!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  17:23:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans i was listening to TSN 690 today and Eliott Freidman said and i quote "the scary thing is Clarkson left more money on the table from the Edmonton Oilers, Fact"

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  05:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Pasty, just imagine, Clarkson could have been another under achieving Oiler lol. Guess he would have fit right at least
Beans your still bringing up the Kessel trade, that's very old news my friend. Last I checked kessel was doing the same has Seguin Hamiliton is playing ok, don't forget his on ice partner is Chara ....let's see how he fares down the road when Chara retires. Jared Knight you say...whose that ??...Where the hell is he at ?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  05:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Beans - or should I call you pot, or kettle?

I've been so busy the last month and a half that . . . my posts have been extremely sporadic, for sure. Not hiding though - just no time. I barely have time to write this, in fact, but the gist of your post compelled me to write something.

I'm not happy about the Leafs' collapse, obviously. It's not something I can control clearly, but . .. it sucks. I'll always be a true-blue Leaf fan, and I stick with them through thick and through thin. Hopefully it gets better.

I'm not laughing about Edmonton being out of the playoffs. Despite them being picked to be so much better than the Leafs from an organisation developmental standpoint . . . they continue to be something of a bottom-feeder. It causes me no great joy - but, I find it highly ironic that a fan of that team (Beans) somehow finds the nerve to make fun of an organisation that, last time I checked:
- sits almost 20 points below my Leafs team in the standings, despite the Buds having lost 11 of 13 in total freefall. The Oilers are 2nd worst in the league overall today.
- was judged prior to this season to now be a potential playoff team, but once again fell WAY short
- has been judged in the past few years to be building "the right way", with more drafted talent by far than the Leafs - and yet has continually finished below them
- continues to make bungle after bungle organisationally, with no clear direction

Now how a fan of THAT team can get some great joy out of laughing at another team that blew it in the last few weeks to miss the playoffs is . . . I don't know. Ironically ignorant? Meanspirited and shortsighted to say the least?

I guess whatever floats yer boat.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Edited by - n/a on 04/11/2014 05:47:24
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  09:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I literally could have written Slozo's post for him. So typical.

If I was ignorant it would mean I don't understand or apprecaite how terrible the Oilers are. I know they are terrible. I have no rationale argument otherwise. I also stated that very clearly in my message. I am supremely disappointed with every facet of the Oilers organization. Stating I'm ironically ignorant to that is completely incorrect. The simple fact is that my joy in seeing the Leafs miss the playoffs and my pain of seeing the Oilers miss the playoffs are not related to one another in any way, shape, or form.

Mean spirited?? Sure. I'll accept that as that was my intention. Short sighed?? How so?? Again, the Leafs and Oilers making or missing the playoffs are not related. That is, until a Leaf fan says they are, right old buddy??

You can say I'm a jerk if you want, because I am. But to say I'm ironically ignorant?? Well that's just dumb.

Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  11:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back old bean (see what i did there)
also well done i think this site was missing a troll......
but in seriousness i agree with what you have said because i used empathy. had the shoe been on the other foot and say ottawa or montreal had this happen to them instead of the leafs i would feel the exact same way,

although i don't think i would have kicked them while they were down but hey we are different people. rofl

anyways welcome back beans been dry without you

Edited by - mandree888 on 04/11/2014 11:30:26
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  13:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a long time Beans. Glad you are back. Havent had a lot of color commentating for a while on here and I also took a bit of a break. Wondering if you will concede to my last years point the Oilers (should have, but didn't list) which included lack of defensive depth and goaltending lack of depth (relying on Dubnyk), was the reason the are joining yet again with the Leafs in the newest PGA vs NHL Battle Royal for tee times.

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I literally could have written Slozo's post for him. So typical.

If I was ignorant it would mean I don't understand or apprecaite how terrible the Oilers are. I know they are terrible. I have no rationale argument otherwise. I also stated that very clearly in my message. I am supremely disappointed with every facet of the Oilers organization. Stating I'm ironically ignorant to that is completely incorrect. The simple fact is that my joy in seeing the Leafs miss the playoffs and my pain of seeing the Oilers miss the playoffs are not related to one another in any way, shape, or form.

Mean spirited?? Sure. I'll accept that as that was my intention. Short sighed?? How so?? Again, the Leafs and Oilers making or missing the playoffs are not related. That is, until a Leaf fan says they are, right old buddy??

You can say I'm a jerk if you want, because I am. But to say I'm ironically ignorant?? Well that's just dumb.

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 04/12/2014 13:26:23
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  14:23:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geez, why does every thread have to always end up being about the Oilers!!

Just kidding, but I seem to remember that same thing being said about other threads and that other team.

Beans, that has to be the most epic return to posting I have ever experienced! Well done!

Typical responses as you said, and how quickly the straw starts getting tossed around when convenient for those who are first to use that as their defence.

I as well have refrained from posting for some time now, as it seemed any negative reference to the Leafs drew nothing but equally negative rebuttal.

I like to think of the circumstance today, not at all as anyone saying, 'told ya so', but as more of a reality check and confirmation for those who previously pointed out those realities.

I do feel empathy for the Leaf fans, for if nothing else, they are passionate in their support, and do indeed deserve a better fate.

I am waiting for Crock to come on and continue to espouse his love for all things Kessel, especially with Seguin proving his worth this year, but i don't expect him anytime soon, as I am sure he still has to get rid of those tissues and hand cream he stocked up on in anticipation of the prediction he made for him to be able to watch 'Phil the Thrill', lead the Leafs to the conference final.

I am disappointed that some Leaf fans have to resort to playing the game of 'you aren't being very nice', and can't accept the heat back when so quick to give it as well, but, oh well.....whatever floats yer....

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  15:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans the viper! In hiding, out for a quick strike, back into the weeds again!

I (and others) have been writing against this team all year long, pointing out the numerous flaws in their game that should have led to their downfall. The fact that those flaws did in fact lead to their eventual downfall (too much reliance on great goaltending, porous defense) does make their miss satisfying, or at least vindicating for me. But as a fellow fan of a team that disappointed, I can sympathize with TOR fans more than Beans.

At least the Leafs bow out of things with style and drama - these late season complete collapse events are becoming legendary...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  09:34:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Geez, why does every thread have to always end up being about the Oilers!!

Just kidding, but I seem to remember that same thing being said about other threads and that other team.

Beans, that has to be the most epic return to posting I have ever experienced! Well done!

Typical responses as you said, and how quickly the straw starts getting tossed around when convenient for those who are first to use that as their defence.

I as well have refrained from posting for some time now, as it seemed any negative reference to the Leafs drew nothing but equally negative rebuttal.

I like to think of the circumstance today, not at all as anyone saying, 'told ya so', but as more of a reality check and confirmation for those who previously pointed out those realities.

I do feel empathy for the Leaf fans, for if nothing else, they are passionate in their support, and do indeed deserve a better fate.

I am waiting for Crock to come on and continue to espouse his love for all things Kessel, especially with Seguin proving his worth this year, but i don't expect him anytime soon, as I am sure he still has to get rid of those tissues and hand cream he stocked up on in anticipation of the prediction he made for him to be able to watch 'Phil the Thrill', lead the Leafs to the conference final.

I am disappointed that some Leaf fans have to resort to playing the game of 'you aren't being very nice', and can't accept the heat back when so quick to give it as well, but, oh well.....whatever floats yer....

You are full of it, sir.

Give me the example where, AT THE END OF THE SEASON, I piled on either the Habs, Oilers, Canucks or any other Canadian team with a hateful/spiteful troll post.

You'll have to have a real good look.

It's always false claim after false claim when comparing Leafs being sore losers vs other Canadian teams. It's really quite rich to hear it from you guys now . . . when the Leafs made the playoffs last year in the shortened season - even though Beans and I had gone back and forth for YEARS on our respective home clubs . . . I never made a thread to pile on the Oilers specifically. Do a straight up comparison, I dare ya!

Typical indeed.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

CrockOShight
Top Prospect

95 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  13:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bhahahahahahhahahahhaha!!

Nice Beans.

No, seriously. You guys deserve it. After that epic 13 page debate. I cannot BELIEVE that the Leafs let us down again.

Nuxfan, Fat Elvis, Joshua - thank you for not laying it on too thick. It was painful enough as it was. I appreciate you guys going easy on us in time of our perennial letdown. That is indeed classy of you.

And Nuxfan - good point about their letdowns "becoming legendary". I mean, what's that!? Losing 14 of 16 to close out the Season? Unreal. I actually wrote to my friends with 16 games left in the Season (when the Leafs had 80 points). I said:

"They only have to go 6-10 from now until the end of the Season to make the Playoffs - Ha. Ha. Ha." or something like that.

Then:

"...As if they are going to only win 5 games from now until the end of the Season."

I was right. They only won 2. Wow. Awful. Just simply awful.

I, alas, admit defeat. For the moment. You have certainly won this Round; I stand sheepishly humbled. Congratulations guys. At least I won't have to cry into my beer this Season like last year. Disappointment over 16 games is FAR less painful than that Game 7 collapse... Oh, the humanity.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page