Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 rule changes Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  15:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
read about 2014-15 rule changes here.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/9/11/6137121/nhl-rule-changes-2014-15

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  17:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Teams don't need to submit their list of three players to the officials before shootouts"

That's kind of interesting. I think it's kinda stupid they are killing the spin-o-rama :/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  10:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad the spinorama is out - it wasn't being properly judged in most cases as a puck stopping or going backwards, which is not allowed.

Too bad they didn't get rid of the whole shootout in the first place, but that's a whole other bag of pucks.

I am REALLY intrigued - this isn't a rule change, but it has potential to be one - about the testing of not allowing icing during a penalty kill. It TOTALLY has merit, and I agree with the premise . . . and apparently, this "potential new rule" is being tested out in some league (can't remember where). Would love to see it.

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  13:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you'd really like to see a no icing rule during a PK? i'm not sure I would. the penalized team is already at a disadvantage. why make it worse for them by taking away the ability to ice the puck?

and being a Leaf fan i'd REALLY hate to see this rule in effect. we have enough trouble killing penalties as it is!!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  17:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Completely agree with you Gipper! This is a game damager.

quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

you'd really like to see a no icing rule during a PK? i'm not sure I would. the penalized team is already at a disadvantage. why make it worse for them by taking away the ability to ice the puck?

and being a Leaf fan i'd REALLY hate to see this rule in effect. we have enough trouble killing penalties as it is!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  21:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

Ok - the team is being penalised....their player did something bad enough t o warrant being a man down.

Why is this penalty mitigated (lessened) by the penalised team being able to do something previously against the rules?!?

I believe the answer is the 1970s Canadiens power play, if I remember correct from the explanation.

Wasn't something I had thought of earlier but...totally agree with the premise. And I agree, would definitely be a bit of a game-changer. More goals, certainly.

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2014 :  16:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this was a rule change made in the summer, but...

In last night's VAN/CGY game, there was a too many men penalty given to VAN, but it was overturned by the refs on the ice. I have never seen a penalty call overturned like that before.

Did ref's get more ability to decide on penalty calls after the fact?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page