Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Pool advice Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  13:44:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like everyone else I'm sure, my annual hockey pool is starting up soon, and i'm looking for some opinions. It's a straight up pick 'em type pool, with players separated into categories by position, and ranked according to last years points.
In one of the forwards categories we have to pick one of the following players:
Patric Hornqvist
Radim Vrbata
Reilly Smith
Joel Ward
Gustav Nyqvist

Which would you choose and why?
We get 1 pt for each goal and assist, 2 pts for game winners, and 3 pts for a hat trick.

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  10:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

Like everyone else I'm sure, my annual hockey pool is starting up soon, and i'm looking for some opinions. It's a straight up pick 'em type pool, with players separated into categories by position, and ranked according to last years points.
In one of the forwards categories we have to pick one of the following players:
Patric Hornqvist
Radim Vrbata
Reilly Smith
Joel Ward
Gustav Nyqvist

Which would you choose and why?
We get 1 pt for each goal and assist, 2 pts for game winners, and 3 pts for a hat trick.

Vrbata would be #1 on my list. He's consistent, and more of a 25-30 goal guy.

Nyqvist would be #2, I think he'll simply have similar or slightly less than last year. #3 would be Reilly Smith . . . great potential, but it's risky. Hornqvist isn't even a consideration at this point for me.

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2014 :  08:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Props to whoever organized/designed your pool Gipper cuz that's a tough box to pick from!

As for who I'd pick, I agree with most of what Slozo said, though Hornqvist may surprise some if he clicks with Malkin, who it's been rumoured he'd play with.

It's a toss up with Vrbata and Nyquist for me. They both have good upside, for somewhat different reasons. Vrbata looks to be the winger with the Sedins who are bound to have a bounce back season. However, is that bounce back enough to get them into the 80 point range at this stage of their careers? If they only get 70ish, something many are predicting, where does that leave Vrbata? Prob 55 at best? I think Nyquist is going 60+ this season. He's been groomed for years with the always patient Red Wings organization and is primed for a breakout after a 48pt season last year in just 57games. That extrapolates to a 69 point year. With any improvement whatsoever, he tops 70pts. The upside is just too great with this kid. I'd go with Nyquist over Vrbata.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  19:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Props to whoever organized/designed your pool Gipper cuz that's a tough box to pick from!

As for who I'd pick, I agree with most of what Slozo said, though Hornqvist may surprise some if he clicks with Malkin, who it's been rumoured he'd play with.

It's a toss up with Vrbata and Nyquist for me. They both have good upside, for somewhat different reasons. Vrbata looks to be the winger with the Sedins who are bound to have a bounce back season. However, is that bounce back enough to get them into the 80 point range at this stage of their careers? If they only get 70ish, something many are predicting, where does that leave Vrbata? Prob 55 at best? I think Nyquist is going 60+ this season. He's been groomed for years with the always patient Red Wings organization and is primed for a breakout after a 48pt season last year in just 57games. That extrapolates to a 69 point year. With any improvement whatsoever, he tops 70pts. The upside is just too great with this kid. I'd go with Nyquist over Vrbata.

Had forgotten Hornqvist was with the Pens now. But, even that being said . . . I'd still lean away from him. But it's an intriguing new team . . . if anyone clicks with Crosby or Malkin, one can shoot right back up stats-wise.

Screw the Habs. Boston Sucks. Bah Humbug, DeadWings . . . and yes, oh yes, Go LEAFS Go!!! Yeah, it's offseason baby!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page