Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Carter Ashton - Substance Abuse - 20 Game Susp! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2014 :  16:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Carter Ashton of the Toronto Maple Leafs was suspended 20 games for using the performance enhancing drug Clenbuterol. Was this a fair punishment given his claim that it was for 'asthma'?

Choices:

Perfect
Too heavy
Too light

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  02:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those that stated Too Heavy, may I ask why?

I was quite shocked when I saw Too Heavy currently outweighing the other two options. I stated Just Right as it follows the CBA and these things need to be enforced in order to keep this crap out of our games.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  09:38:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
way too heavy! every one knows these guys are juicing! why should he pay a heavier price than all the rest?
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  10:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"At no time was I seeking to gain an athletic advantage or to knowingly violate the terms of the program," Carter Ashton

Give me a break!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  23:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blade

way too heavy! every one knows these guys are juicing! why should he pay a heavier price than all the rest?

because he got caught

"fair punishment" is sort of a moot point here, as the CBA clearly outlines the punishment for drug violation offenses, and Clenbuterol is clearly a banned substance. He got caught, the punishment is deserved and just right.

Don't know if I believe his story or not. Clenbuterol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clenbuterol) is apparently commonly used for treating asthma and other breathing disorders, and is used in inhalers... but these days, only In Europe and Asia. Its possible that he used an inhaler from another athlete who might have gotten his inhaler from Europe, but its suspect - as a professional athlete, would you really take someone else's medicine like that?

On a potentially related angle, Clenbuterol is apparently popular these days with celebrities and athletes, as a fat burning drug... perhaps he was a few pounds too heavy coming into camp this year?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  22:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Leafs fan, this is easy - it's a perfect response (20 games) and . . . he's very soon to be an ex-Leaf, wait and see.

He was either extremely stupid, or, trying to gain an unfair and illegal advantage. And I don't think any professional hockey player can be that stupid these days with all the handlers and stuff going on . . . so I'm quite certain looking on from thi peanut gallery that he was cheating.

What a dummy is al I can say.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page