Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Biggest Canadian Team Surprise - 1/4 mark - POLL Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  16:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
What is the biggest surprise amongst the Canadian teams at the 1/4 mark in the NHL season?

Choices:

Ottawa Out of Playoff Spot
Oilers Epic Futility
Leafs Slide
Canucks a Contender
Jets Out of Playoff Spot
Canadiens 1st Overall
Flames Success
Other (what?)

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  18:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really surprised so many votes of surprise Ottawa is not in a playoff position. I am a huge fan, most people here know that, but I am not excited about the changes, roster and players they have now to fight it out in a very competitive division. Hoping the owner burst his internal budget and picks a few players up, because there just isn't enough experience or star power to be a walk on playoff team. Excited about every win, but not expecting great things this year.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  09:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as much as I'm impressed with VAN, Calgary's surprising start and resurgence has to be the biggest surprise this year. I don't think anyone would have thought they'd be ahead of anyone except EDM at this point in the season.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  13:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Montreal Carey Prices are the biggest suprise to me, but in saying just that this team is not as good as their record, Carey Price is just that good, I do not think this team in any more than a 3rd in the division or wildcard team without the elite goaltending they have been getting.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  22:02:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tough one between Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary, but I voted Calgary. The tougher Western conference (perceived as tougher by myself and the majority of hockey pundits), all the kids . . . and yet their gettin' er done!

Vancouver was a re-tool, but Calgary was expected to be a full rebuild! They've been impressive thus far.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  17:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Really surprised so many votes of surprise Ottawa is not in a playoff position. I am a huge fan, most people here know that, but I am not excited about the changes, roster and players they have now to fight it out in a very competitive division. Hoping the owner burst his internal budget and picks a few players up, because there just isn't enough experience or star power to be a walk on playoff team. Excited about every win, but not expecting great things this year.

Were you being sarcastic? Unless I read it wrong, there were 8 votes? Or was it 8-0-0-0-0-0 when you posted?

I think it has to be Calgary. Def didn't see that coming. However, being a Canucks fan, and one who admittedly didn't want some of the changes (like Miller) as I wanted them to completely suck this year for a better shot at a very high end draft, I am shocked at how well they're doing. Even after the moves they made, I didn't think they were anything better than "maybe squeeze into the playoffs". Nothing guaranteed yet, but this team looks like a playoff team, even if the inevitable slide/regress occurs.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  16:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Were you being sarcastic? Unless I read it wrong, there were 8 votes? Or was it 8-0-0-0-0-0 when you posted?

I think it has to be Calgary. Def didn't see that coming. However, being a Canucks fan, and one who admittedly didn't want some of the changes (like Miller) as I wanted them to completely suck this year for a better shot at a very high end draft, I am shocked at how well they're doing. Even after the moves they made, I didn't think they were anything better than "maybe squeeze into the playoffs". Nothing guaranteed yet, but this team looks like a playoff team, even if the inevitable slide/regress occurs.

When I made the comment the Sen's were sitting 18th and hadn't had the 5 game losing streak on the go, which only puts the perspective worse not better. It was pretty even poll at that point. I just don't see why its a shock when you look at the subtractions to the lineups in the last 2-3 years, the current bottoming out on salary floor and the fact the Sen are determined to waste the best of Karlsson, Anderson and Ryan's prime. Surprised they aren't bottoming the league right now and you all know I am a fan of this team. Firing Maclean was a sure fire warning to expect a nose dive. Tough times being a Sens fan right now and I just don't get the direction my team is taking.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2014 :  06:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joshua...if the nosedive is coming, you should be ecstatic! With the high end talent expected in this next draft i was wanting Vancouver to stick with Lack (didn't like the Miller signing), and suck big time this year! Guess what I'm saying is if my team isnt a serious contender, then id much prefer a shot at McDavid.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page