Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Paul McLean fired Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  11:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Senators have fired their coach. First firing of the year... seems like Ottawa goes through coaches faster than any other team eh?

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  11:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what about Edmonton?
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2014 :  13:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

what about Edmonton?

What about a few other teams. His comment must be about the prior short term coaches not currently holding down head coaching jobs from Ottawa.

Maclean was a great coach, but maybe this was more about politics, personal reasons or diving for a draft pick rather than his coaching skills. He was taking a team short of serious talent when compared to other complete teams outside of Ryan, Karlson and Anderson, and performing beyond expectations. The young talent is developing extremely well and this is not a fire sale team, which is fighting for playoff position in a very tough division. I think Maclean must have pissed someone off in Management or Melnyk to be fired at this point of the season. Either that or he is overperforming and the team truly wants to drive for draft picks.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  08:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weird firing to say the least. Must be politics, and from what I understand . . . the inmates are running the asylum in Ottawa.

I am looking at this team to nosedive now . . . which would be ironic, considering they were far from out of it in a weak conference.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page