Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Pacioretty crushed Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2014 :  09:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clayton Stoner _________ (insert your own word) Max Pacioretty into the boards in last nights game. Apparently, Patches spent the night in hospital as a "precautionary measure". Not sure on the extent of the injury at this point but that blank above would be filled by me with the word(s) CROSS CHECKED! It sure as hell looks like that to me!
BTW, no penalty was called on the play.....

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/canadiens-max-pacioretty-hospitalized-after-clayton-stoner-hit-1.2879011

What do you guys think???

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2014 :  11:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unnecessarily destroys

I don't understand what the point was of that? The worst is how far away he was from the boards. If he was maybe closer, he wouldn't have fallen awkwardly like that. I don't agree with this hit, pretty useless. Puck has already been passed, there is enough distance from the boards for potential to be injured, and agreed with you Alex, looks like a blatant cross check.

I love the physical nature of our game, I truly hate the useless hits that have no regard for your fellow man.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  09:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I the only guy in here who thinks that was a clean, good check? I'd say it was even a hockey play . . . and it's not like he took a run or anything.

Contact is shoulder to shoulder, side to side. Yes, he's spaced far away from the boards to sustain an injury from the hit, but that's really the only reason for injury . . . circumstance.

Looks fine to me.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  15:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo
Contact is shoulder to shoulder, side to side. Yes, he's spaced far away from the boards to sustain an injury from the hit, but that's really the only reason for injury . . . circumstance.

I don't know where you see shoulder to shoulder... I see 2 hands on a stick to Pacioretty's shoulder, and I see Stoner perpendicular to Pacioretty. I don't see Stoner's shoulder anywhere near Pacioretty's shoulder, or any kind of side to side hit. Did you watch the same video?

Note the bold - thats why the hit should not have happened. Penalizing hits where the hit player is 1-3 feet from the boards and goes into the boards as a result of the hit has become pretty standard in today's game. I don't know if a suspension is warranted, but I'm surprised that it was not penalized. Given the way he went into the boards, that could easily have been a lot worse.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  16:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo.....I think nuxfan is on to something here. You must have seen the wrong video! How in the world can you see shoulder to shoulder contact??? Where's this "side to side" hit? Did you not see the crosscheck??? I'm confused.....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2014 :  04:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok - I must have seen the wrong video, that's not a good hit. Not sure how I saw something else, but yeah - I wouldn't call it vicious, but . . . it's boarding.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2014 :  09:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am with Slozo on the fact that this wasn't a vicious hit. He landed awkwardly but it looked more like a shove than a hard hit. I'm not saying it wasn't late but I don't think there was intent to injure. Watch the hit at full speed not slow speed and you will see what I mean. In slow speed it looks vicious but at full speed it looks like a harmless light contact shove, which had an unfortunate result as Pacioretty was admiring his pass and had no clue the shove was coming or his surroundings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page