Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Trade Deadline - Who won in 2015? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2015 :  14:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Of all the NHL hockey franchises which management team would you say won the 2015 trading battle?

Choices:

Detroit Redwings
Arizona Coyotes
Anaheim Ducks
Chicago Blackhawks
New York Rangers
Other (Who?)

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2015 :  14:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love what Arizona did, as they've not only grabbed some good young players, but they also stockpiled some draft picks, all while getting much worse in the short term, something that should enable them to finish bottom 2 and have a really good shot at one of McDavid or Eichel, though obviously there are no guarantees!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2015 :  22:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex I agree with you on Arizona but ill put them at a # 2 ranking in overall draft performance .... I thing leading up to the draft and playing through it the Buffalo Sabres are # 01. This season they got a huge jump on what looks like will be a quick rebuild I bet they will be Pushing for a playoff spot in 2-3 more seasons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  07:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted New York Rangers, for the plain and simple reason that the moves they made make them a clear #1 favourite now to make the cup final (obviously if Lundqvist comes back healthy).

Arizona is probably #1 on a lot of other people's lists, and I think they did great in terms of picks, but . . . if the ultimate goal is the Stanley Cup, what the Rangers did got them closer.

I think Florida did very well.
Leafs also did very well on the pieces they traded, with the surprise of the decade coming in the Clarkson trade.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  10:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went with Other, because I think Montreal and a close 2nd Islanders improved there team the most for the least amount of return. I don't get how Pheonix are a choice here. They got rid of some of the most sought after trade deadline pieces for prospects and draft picks. To me this is not addition thru subtraction, it is subtraction thru subtraction, just like Buffalo.

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 03/04/2015 10:04:34
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  16:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess Joshua the question to me is asking which team won at the trade deadline ?.. So I didn't look at it as asking ... Which team mostly improved their odds at winning the Stanley cup in 2015 ?
These are 2 diffrent scenarios .
To go to the cup final ? NYR
Best return for players shipped out ? BUF and ARIZ
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  22:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

I guess Joshua the question to me is asking which team won at the trade deadline ?.. So I didn't look at it as asking ... Which team mostly improved their odds at winning the Stanley cup in 2015 ?
These are 2 diffrent scenarios .
To go to the cup final ? NYR
Best return for players shipped out ? BUF and ARIZ

That's how I percieved the question as well. Duke, obviously you're counting the Kane deal, which is fine, but until I see him smarten up and mature as both a man and a player, he's a big risk imo. i like what Buffalo did, but still think Ari was even better. Good arguments can be made for all these teams on the poll of course.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2015 :  18:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Alex the Kane deal is part of it but I also looked at buff putting itself in the best position of MAYBE getting Connor McDavid or guaranted of getting jack . eichel.... Either way it's great news for them
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page