Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Inconclusive? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  21:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something needs to be done on how goals are reviewed. because that Calgary goal was way in

Go OILERS Go!!!

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2015 :  14:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crossbar cams have been discussed for a while now and we'll prob see them eventually. As with all bad calls, they usually even out over the year but yes this particular one could hqve been very damaging to Calgary. Nice to see them come back and win it but I'm willing to bet
that without that "no goal" call, they don't get the coincidental minors at the end and only the goalie interference is called.

Regardless, what was looking like a likely sweep is now a more interesting series. I still hin the d***s wrap this up in 5 but that Calgary youth is not gonna just walk away from this!
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2015 :  18:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After seeing the overhead angles, and after watching HNIC tonight, I'm no longer convinced it was a goal. I think the right call was made on the play.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2015 :  07:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan.....I said the same thing to my buddy last night. It looks in 99.9% from that front angle as you can see some white ice between the goal line and the puck, but strangely you can't see that from above? I know the above angle is offset more in some rinks than others but they had a really good "above angle" there and it wasn't conclusive.

I think the NHL said it best. If they'd overturned it and called it a goal, there'd have been thousands of Ducks fans upset. We all know the rule. It has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the ice and there just wasn't in this case. Had the call on the ice been "GOAL", it would have stood for the same reasons. I don't blame the ref one iota on this as there's no way he'd have been able to tell it was in!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page