Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Value of Zach Fucale Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  11:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a guy in my keeper league who is trying to unload Fucale. Goalies are tough to come by in this league and I thought about making an offer but wondering what others thought about his value?
I've got a couple of decent starters but I have room to stash him for a few years down the road.

Anyone care to offer insight into his development, where they figure he will end up (Montreal, or traded elsewhere?) or when he may actually get to the NHL?

I heard a rumour, just a rumour, of a deal between Montreal and Toronto that included Fucale, a prospect and Montreal's 2015 1st rounder (26th?) for Kessel? There may have been more involved, but that was the basis of what I read? Thing is, is Fucale the answer in Toronto? Maybe if they wanna wait another year or two to be relevant as I'm not sure Fucale is ready yet?

Comments?

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  15:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched a lot of the memorial cup and the Q playoffs to me furcale's value has done nothing but drop since his draft year. Yes he is a memorial cup winner and a wjc gold medalist but he has been very pedastrian in my opinon in both championship run. In this years memorial cup and playoffs he often wasn't the starter. Infact to begin the playoffs he was on the bench. If zach becomes an NHL starter it won't be untill he has proven himself in the AHL. I personally can't see him in the NHL untill at least 2018 and even then not as the starter.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  16:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

I watched a lot of the memorial cup and the Q playoffs to me furcale's value has done nothing but drop since his draft year. Yes he is a memorial cup winner and a wjc gold medalist but he has been very pedastrian in my opinon in both championship run. In this years memorial cup and playoffs he often wasn't the starter. Infact to begin the playoffs he was on the bench. If zach becomes an NHL starter it won't be untill he has proven himself in the AHL. I personally can't see him in the NHL untill at least 2018 and even then not as the starter.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

Thanks for the insight Pasty. May not bother, or really lowball the guy but 2018 is a long time to hang onto a guy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page