Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Which Oiler's young gun will Chiarelli move first? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2015 :  10:13:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Peter Chiarelli has said that he, unlike Craig McTavish is quite willing to trade young talent to move the Oil towards a position where they may compete sooner rather than later. Which way should/ will he go, and what return might he be expecting?

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2015.

Choices:

Taylor Hall
Nail Yakupov
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Jordan Eberle
Leon Draisaitl
Darnell Nurse
2015 Draft position

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2015 :  19:13:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted RNH, but it really would depend on the Oilers vision of Draisaitl in a year or two. RNH would be expendable if the Oilers brass feels Draisaitl can be a #2 C for the team moving forward. If they dont feel his offensive game will be enough, then maybe its Drai or Yak whoshould move on. The Nuge would fetch a far higher return however at this point in time.He would easily be able to return a solid top pairing D plus more. Maybe a starting goalie plus extra? Draisaitl on the other hand, would likely not fetch nearly as much.
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2015 :  14:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chiarelli is a smart man. If he moves Nuge, it would be a big blunder. Unless the return was unbelievable. Watching Nuge play and evolve over the last few years, he has become one of my fav Oilers.

So my opinion is solely based on personal feelings. haha :)
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2015 :  12:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based on there incoming players and room to the cap, I hope they don't move any of the young guys, try to carry on with what they have now and what they have in the system. Team looks so much better today with Gryba, Talbot, Reinhart and Mcdavid with Draisaitl, Nurse, etc already in the system. They have pretty much filled all the holes and only really need veterans to fill the roster. Being that most of the former top prospects are seasoning into veterans now, they only need to get rid of problems, build a winning culture and continue moving forward. Most upbeat I have felt about the Oilers in years.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2015 :  14:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The speculation seems to be that the first shoe to drop will be either RNH or Eberle. Here's hoping Chiarelli can get an impressive return for one or both.

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2015 :  15:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

The speculation seems to be that the first shoe to drop will be either RNH or Eberle. Here's hoping Chiarelli can get an impressive return for one or both.

Someone on an Oilers blog was suggesting the Oilers team was maybe best without Hall and that he might be the player that would draw the best return for what the Oilers need. There were a lot of reasons, (attitude, lack of commitment defensively) but the theme was all the other players were decent in there respected roles with the team centered around Hall, but the defensive depth is still lacking enough that this is not a playoff team. Hall would most definitely draw a 1st pairing defenseman + a roster player and that scoring wingers like him were easier to replace, maybe even internally. The return would have to be amazing if the Oilers were to even consider it, but I can absolutely guarantee, Hall-RNH-Draisailt-Yaks-Mcdavid, as impressive as it looks on paper, is not enough for the Oilers to be a serious playoff team without defensive depth.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2015 :  10:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strange....I've watched a few Oilers games and constantly hear of how well Hall is playing and how he's taking charge and setting an example by working his ass off. The return he'd fetch would be nice, but I think it'd be a mistake to move him when they have other assets that I don't think they'd miss as much. Aside from his injury troubles, he's a pretty sure fire top 20 NHL scorer.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2015 :  15:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could bring in a few columns, fan post (nhlnumbers.com is the one I quoted from, but I think it was based on an Edmonton Journal Column) that talk about how others feel his attitude towards teamates and how when a player drops the ball offensively or defensively, rather than pitch in, he will give a discouraging look, return to his assignment and be verbal on the bench afterwards. Not saying thats not ok, when he is frustrated with anothers play, but how its being brought up is like it is affecting others on the roster in a negative way. It could all be media driven or just rumour, but the possibility of getting a monster return for Hall, rather than peanuts for the other spare parts is still a valid point. I still dont know how he will react to being the 2nd best, maybe 3rd best guy on the roster, if McDavid and Draisailt become as good as some people think.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page