Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 the 5 greatest ever? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  23:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you agree with this list? I would say that I pretty much agree with the names here but maybe not the particular order they are in.

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-5-greatest-hockey-players-ever/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  14:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These debates will continue till the end of mankind! Everyone can have an opinion, and who's to say anyone is right or wrong? These top 5 were all incredible players in their own way, era, style, etc. However, IMO, the list should only be 1 player long. As much as I hated him (obviously not on a personal level, just the sheer, or is it "shear" Slozo , damage he inflicted for years on the Canucks, Gretzky is the all time greatest hockey player this planet has ever seen. Numbers 2-5 or 2-25 can be argued forever, but trying to compare a guy who played in Orr's era to the 80's or today is nearly impossible. The game changed far too much! I obviously saw little of Orr and was too young to really appreciate him but when I watch him on film, the game is so slow and so much different it makes me really wish there was a way to be able to know just how good he'd have been in the Bourque/Coffey era?

Any way you slice it though, Gretzky imo, is the #1 player of all time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page