Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Crosby Produce Like a #1 This Year? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2015 :  16:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
It's very likely that Sidney Crosby was the first to be selected in your draft. Arguably, for the first time ever, this is looking like a bad pick. BUT with 50 games left he can still be a worthy 1st rounder. With how many points do you think Sidney Crosby will end the season?

Choices:

22 - His season is done
23-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81+

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  05:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will not be a worthy 1st rounder.

With some players not producing, you can tell that it's eventually going to start happening again . . . they produce good plays, are getting robbed on shots, don't have the puck luck but they are constantly driving the play still. This has clearly NOT been the case with Crosby.

He's lost a bit of speed. He doesn't seem to have the same level of playmaking/agility with the puck. And probably most troubling . . . he doesn't look as tenacious he usually did - the drive to get a puck in the corners, the will to win a puck battle. That was always one of his best skills - he had a bit more skill and never gave up on anything, he "out willed" you. That, to me, has been lost at some point. I just don't see that in him anymore.

And what it has reduced Crosby to is a 60 point player. Which at his pricetage, is . . . ugly.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  06:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had always thought this would be the point in his career when he would be hitting his peak. Strange how things sometimes go.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2015 :  08:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

I had always thought this would be the point in his career when he would be hitting his peak. Strange how things sometimes go.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

It is strange.

I am actually remembering the conversation we once had on this site between Crosby and Ovechkin, who would you take for a long term commitment? And we all sort of thought that the way Ovie plays, he'd decline much faster, due to the way he plays, and eventually get injured.

It's been the complete opposite . . . Crosby has been the one who hit his peak early and seems to be clearly in rapid decline. Ovie is chugging along at a very consistent pace, still potting goals like no one else can.

Is part of it the way the game is changing? Maybe . . . but I think it's the accumulation of injuries, specifically to Crosby's noggin, that have undone him.

It's sad to see.

Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  12:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No sooner than such talk begins than he again shows vintage Crosby.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/30/video-letang-takes-another-big-hit-some-vintage-crosby/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  07:40:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

No sooner than such talk begins than he again shows vintage Crosby.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/30/video-letang-takes-another-big-hit-some-vintage-crosby/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Um, ok . . . Crosby got the assist on an ordinary power play two on one situation.

Scores later in the game, getting his 8th goal in his 36th game, basically putting him on pace to maybe get 20 goals in the season if all goes well. Maybe 60 points.

Then the Pens lose that game, against the cellar-dwelling Leafs.

Yes, and that was one of the few highlights of this season for Crosby.

Yikes, umteman . . . that, my friend, is NOT vintage Crosby at all. You need to go back 4 years at least for that.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  16:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Def not "vintage Crosby", but with 10pts in his past 7 games, he seems to have woken up to some degree!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  17:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Def not "vintage Crosby", but with 10pts in his past 7 games, he seems to have woken up to some degree!

Yes, that is what I was getting to. we (myself included) may have spoke too soon. His season may be picking up.

Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  19:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may sum it up pretty well.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/how-much-was-sidney-crosby-hurt-by-coach-mike-johnston---trending-topics-214158198.html

Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2016 :  10:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He'll never reach 70 points!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: