Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Sam Gagner - gonzo Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  09:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Did anyone notice that Sam Gagner, former 8 pt in one night wonder, has cleared waivers in Philly? Ha ha, probably very few of you . . . so okay, here's an even easier question:

If any long-time poster on here remembers, myself and Beans and another poster who I can't recall had a spirited discussion about Sam Gagner only 2 short years ago. It was near the end of that year he scored 8 pts in a game (7, with a phantom point, but whatever), and I said he would never get over 60 points, and probably not over 50. Beans and this other poster thought strongly otherwise - saying that Gagner would be starting to peak now, and was a shoo-in to get to 60 points soon in his career. Who was right?

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Choices:

Beans and co.
slozo
you''re both wrong (whatever)
my name is Beans and I can argue this
other

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  16:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See thread titled "Likeliness of Gagner Trade" that I just revived.....
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  13:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't argue when I am wrong. I looked back on the thread you are talking about myself and I didn't see me make really any claims about Gagner other than that he and Kadri were similar players. Interestingly enough, when you look purely at point production they are similar players. They also play a similar style and are a similar size. Where thing totally fall off the map is on the defensive side of the puck. Gagner was never a stand out defensive player as an Oiler but he got morbidly bad after getter traded 3 times in 2 years.

If it makes a different, I am fine saying I was wrong about Gagner. I expected him to progress and regressed, significantly. He went from a legit 2nd line centre to a borderline NHL player. Even last year he put up 40 pts in Phoenix which it's terrible but he has dropped down the ladder a lot in the past few years. Likely due to the Oilers rushing him in the NHL as a young player.

Regardless, I was not correct that Gagner would improve and be a top teir 2nd line centre. I love being able to say I told you so myself, but in this case, Slozo can and rightfully should say, I told you so!

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2016 :  12:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest if you looked back enough in that topic you will see I defended bashers of Gagner and was one of the first ones to suggest Kadri and Gagner were of similar value points wise and projected him to have an uptick in performance as well. Anyone know what happened to him?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  15:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

To be honest if you looked back enough in that topic you will see I defended bashers of Gagner and was one of the first ones to suggest Kadri and Gagner were of similar value points wise and projected him to have an uptick in performance as well. Anyone know what happened to him?

I assume since he cleared waivers, he's still in Arizona now. It's not the Leafs or Canadiens, it's the NHL's version of Timbuktu . . . so we don't exactly have a wealth of information on it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  15:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I won't argue when I am wrong. I looked back on the thread you are talking about myself and I didn't see me make really any claims about Gagner other than that he and Kadri were similar players. Interestingly enough, when you look purely at point production they are similar players. They also play a similar style and are a similar size. Where thing totally fall off the map is on the defensive side of the puck. Gagner was never a stand out defensive player as an Oiler but he got morbidly bad after getter traded 3 times in 2 years.

If it makes a different, I am fine saying I was wrong about Gagner. I expected him to progress and regressed, significantly. He went from a legit 2nd line centre to a borderline NHL player. Even last year he put up 40 pts in Phoenix which it's terrible but he has dropped down the ladder a lot in the past few years. Likely due to the Oilers rushing him in the NHL as a young player.

Regardless, I was not correct that Gagner would improve and be a top teir 2nd line centre. I love being able to say I told you so myself, but in this case, Slozo can and rightfully should say, I told you so!

Well, that's mighty respectful of you Beans . . . I'm impressed.

Hey, feel free to dig up something on me that I was wrong about - probably tough, but I'm sure there's a needle in the haystack somewhere . . .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page