Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2017/18 Goal Scoring Race Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  14:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win the 2017/18 NHL regular season goal scoring race and take home the coveted Maurice Richard Trophy?

Choices:

Eric Staal
Patrick Laine
Tyler Seguin
Alex Ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin
Other (who?)

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  17:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m hoping Ovechkin can win it again, and I’m holding out hope he can hit the 50 mark. But that said, the way he’s been scoring the last couple of months, I think Laine will end up winning it.

And how crazy is it that Eric Staal is in contention?? He was considered by most to be washed up following his brief stint with the Rangers, and people questioned the Wild giving him a 3 year deal. Last year he was excellent, but still found himself unprotected in the expansion draft. This year he has taken his play to yet another level. Staal is amazingly on pace for his best season in 12 years (and 2nd best of his career).
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  17:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Art Ross race is an interesting one as well. Kucherov? Malkin? McDavid? Giroux? MacKinnon?

I’m hoping Malkin wins it, but have a feeling McDavid will find a way to end up on top. Hoping that isn’t the case though. I’d be happy to see MacKinnon win as well. If he hadn’t missed so much time with injuries a couple weeks ago, he would likely be on top right now. Brad Marchand is another who would be in contention if not for injuries. The 3 guys from the Halifax area (Crosby, MacKinnon, Marchand) are certainly making NS proud!

These races will add some drama and make the finish to the season that much more exciting!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2018 :  19:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
McDavid no question. I would have answered this on the 12th if I had noticed this. He is just tearing up the league now that the team is finally firing on all cylinders and healthy. No question that next year this team will be back fighting for the playoffs too. Can you win MVP and miss the playoffs, that the greater question.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page