Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 could we be lucky enough to see some of these now? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2018 :  05:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some of these records are mind boggling! Which ones do you think are most likely to stand forever?

https://thehockeywriters.com/the-nhls-most-unbreakable-playoff-records/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2018 :  19:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's impossible to say how the game will go in the future. But at the present, it's hard to see anyone breaking a lot of those records.

Marc Andre Fleury is 4 wins away from winning his 4th Stanley Cup, and this will be his 5th trip to the final, yet he isn't even half way to Patrick Roy's record of 151 wins. With the cap in place and not going anywhere, 151 will be a tough one to break. You could win the Cup 9 years in a row while starting every game, and still be 7 wins back of Roy!

Sidney Crosby has been dominant in his 4 trips to the final, yet is still almost 200 points behind Gretzky's record of 382

With the salary cap and soon to be 32 teams in the league, I can't see us ever seeing another team win 5 consecutive Stanley Cups, as the 50s Montreal Canadiens did.

As impressive and unlikely as any record though, one is potenitlally being written right here in these playoffs, with an expansion team (in a 31 team league no less) just 4 wins away from winning the Stanley Cup. I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Vegas is now 12-3 in these playoffs and just eliminated the powerhouse Jets in 5 games! Wow!!

Edited by - ryan93 on 05/22/2018 17:27:24
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro

USA
662 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2018 :  19:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Golden Knights are on a historic run. The only first year professional sports team to win a championship were the 1950 Cleveland Browns who won the NFL title that year.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2018 :  10:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although not a playoff record (which the article focuses on) I'm of the mindset that Sittler's10 point game record will fall some day.

Unlike most of the other records which require consistency over an entire career, this one just requires a good day....a really, really good day. Anyone can be extremely lucky on a given day, but to do it consistently over time is another matter (see Gretzky's assist record) We've seen 6 and 7 point games many times, and even 8 points, so I think that one night, with the stars aligning and a slightly favorable breeze on the ice, this one will fall in my lifetime. Mind you if the goalie gear keeps getting bigger....ha!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page