Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who's your Stanley Cup Champion in 2019? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2019 :  22:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think will win the playoff championship in 2019?

Choices:

Washington Capitals
Tampa Bay Lightning
Nashville Predators
Calgary Flames
New York Islanders
Winnipeg Jets
San Jose Sharks
Boston Bruins
Other (who?)

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  11:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto Maple Leafs... its there year

Here is why:

If they get past boston which they will in 5 or 6 games if boston lucky. With Tampa Bay going down by the Blue Jackets and Pittsburgh sucking against the Islanders. I really don't see much competition for the remainder of the playoffs

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  14:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I would have chosen the Lightning but that's not going to happen now. I would believe someone if they said that CBJ would beat them in 7 (although I would have thought they were crazy to think it) but to sweep them in the first round. Inconceivable!
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2019 :  19:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't surprised CBJ beat TB, but was shocked they swept them! My prediction going into the series was TB in 7. Leading up to the playoffs I kept saying I didn't like the potential matchup if I was Tampa, and that if I was them I would be hoping for either Carolina or Montreal in the 1st round. CBJ are a very deep team up front with 7 players that scored at least 23 goals (6 of which scored 26+). Also some solid veterans like Foligno, Dubinsky, Jenner etc and you have very deep forward corps. A steady defence lead by superstar Seth Jones, and a 2-time Vezina winner between the pipes in Bobrovsky. Add in coach Tortorella's relentless style and they had all the makings of a dangerous playoff team. CBJ finished the regular season strong as well.

The top 4 teams in the West are all gone, although I wouldn't say all of them were surprises. I had Dallas beating Nashville, and St Louis was a very tough matchup for the Jets to draw in the first round. I think most people were a little unsure what to expect from Calgary, but I for one expecting them to play more then 5 games!

With the Rangers, Pens, and now Leafs gone...I don't know what bandwagon to jump on. I'd like to see Joe Thornton win a Cup. Wouldn't mind see Ovi and the Caps repeat if for no other reason than to further silence all the "how many Cups" critics! I'm hoping Dallas makes it to at least the 3rd round so that the conditional pick in this years draft in the Zuccarello trade becomes a 1st rounder (they could also get their 1st rounder in next years draft as well if Zuccarello signs with Dallas this summer). I also think I speak for all Rangers fans when I say I would love to see Zuuc win a Cup! And finally, I think CBJ winning it all would be quite a story!.

Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2019 :  04:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I jumped the gun a bit...3 of the top 4 teams in the West are gone. SJ had a crazy comeback last night in the 3rd, so they are still alive!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2019 :  09:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is something really weird going on in this year's playoffs . . . what a ride it has been.

(sorry, I've been gone for a while, recovering post-Leafs playoff exit. I'm better now.)

What's funniest, is that this poll was a legitimate list of the top contenders and darkhorses for the cup this year:
Washington Capitals
Tampa Bay Lightning
Nashville Predators
Calgary Flames
New York Islanders
Winnipeg Jets
San Jose Sharks
Boston Bruins
Other (who?)

Tampa Bay was the overwhelming favourite to win it all.
Washington would have been the easy 2nd choice from the East as the returning champs.
Boston and Toronto were looked at as good teams that had little chance to really make it out past either of those choices.
Oh, and I forgot to add - ALL THE OTHER TEAMS OTHER THAN PITTSBURGH WERE GIVEN ZERO CHANCE.

Calgary was probably the favourite from the west, although they were looked at as flawed.
Winnipeg would have been a good secondary favourite.
Vegas (only darkhorse not listed) and Nashville would be right up there with Winnipeg as good secondary choices to make the finals, to get beat p by Tampa Bay.

ALL. GONE.

Islanders, Sharks and Bruins are left from this list,
and suddenly, people are putting up St Louis as one of the teams that seem to suddenly be the strongest contender.

It's upside down world.

Oh, and what's my pick now to win?
Colorado Avalanche.

(don't knock me - watch the actual games. MacKinnon and Rantanen will carry this team on their backs to the final)

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Edited by - n/a on 04/30/2019 09:17:30
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2019 :  19:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2nd round is drawing to a close. Outside of the Carolina/Long Island series, all the series are very close, with at least 1(Stars/Blues) going the distance. The field is as wide open as ever this year. With both the Sharks & Bruins on the verge moving on to the Conference Final, the following is actually becoming quite possible....

Imagine a Sharks/Bruins final, with the Sharks winning the Cup on the road (games 5 & 7 would be in Boston). Joe Thornton hoisting his 1st Cup on the ice at TD Garden!
Go to Top of Page

heshoots67
Top Prospect

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  15:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by ryan93

The 2nd round is drawing to a close. Outside of the Carolina/Long Island series, all the series are very close, with at least 1(Stars/Blues) going the distance. The field is as wide open as ever this year. With both the Sharks & Bruins on the verge moving on to the Conference Final, the following is actually becoming quite possible....

Imagine a Sharks/Bruins final, with the Sharks winning the Cup on the road (games 5 & 7 would be in Boston). Joe Thornton hoisting his 1st Cup on the ice at TD Garden!
[/qu

Sharks

Edited by - heshoots67 on 08/08/2019 15:43:12
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page