Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 PKH Hall of Fame Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  22:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No winner last term? Or did Slozo get so many votes, you're still counting???
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  05:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it is funny how Alex was right on it when he won the vote (not sure if that is like a politician counting all the votes and declaring himself the winner, lol), but has now disappeared . . . I may or may not be the 'winner', Alex116, but frankly - IMHO, you understand - I don't think this thing should ever have been done by anyone other than the administrator, or a moderator.

For the record, I have never once voted for this thing.

A year or two ago, Alex was a constant poster . . . and has basically exiled himself to one post a week or less to get his posts per day rating down. As much as I appreciate his many contributions (not trying to sell you short, dude - we do appreciate your many thoughtful comments), at this point, I don't think he would have ever been in my pickuphockey hall of fame at this point in time.

This voting process is unregulated, unmonitored, and assumes that people with valued opinions care enough to vote . . .

Those are just my thoughts, and if Alex wants to respond with saying that it's just sour grapes from me, go ahead - but I think the whole affair is silly, unless done properly.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  08:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh oh....you may have just cost yourself a spot in the hall!

I don't know Alex on here really at all. Since i joined, he's rarely been around and i didn't understand your comments about lowering his posts per day count until i noticed he had quite a few posts considering he's been somewhat invisible in the year and half since i arrived? Was he posting a ton at first? I mean, he was the one who came up with the hall of fame rules including the posts per day thing, no? Ironically, the last 3 inductees have all pretty much been non existant in my year and a half? Of course, this is a hockey forum and things change in peoples lives resulting in changes in their computer habits so we ought not be surprised really.

All in all i pretty much agree with most of what you said about the thing being somewhat "silly", but it really isn't/wasn't harming anyone so i had no prob reading the thread and was even somewhat interested in the results.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  12:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, this is a community forum and it is run by the people. The PKH hall of fame is not endorsed by the site but it is welcome. Alex emailed me a few years ago and asked if it was ok and I said sure but explained that it was his baby. His last post was at the end of the season, so he probably just took the summer off. If he does not appear in the next couple months perhaps we have another regular member take the hall over. If he does return I hope he keeps it alive.

But, posts, forums and ideas are all "survival of the fittest". In order for one to succeed there is usually one person who rallies behind it and champions the cause. Alex was that guy. He came on to the site guns ablazin' and settled in to be a very well respected member of the forum. I hope he returns and keeps the hall alive.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9509
( )

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  11:02:34  Reply with Quote
I never got in...
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2014 :  20:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9509