Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... NY Rangers
 Shanahan a Ranger Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic   

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  09:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brendan Shanahan signed with the Rangers for $4 million next season. I was a little surprised as I thought he would return to Detroit. Playing with Jagr will be good for him and the Rangers are a much improved team. What are the Wings going to do now? I think signing Belfour is a mistake. Maybe sign Carter?

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  11:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe them signing Belfour was the reason Shanahan turned down an equal offer from the redwings????
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  08:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you might have a point. Shanahan was one of the last of the 'Aging Red Wings'. Even when they were winning cups people called them old. I think he wanted a change and finishing a career in New York City isn't all that bad.

The Red Wings might pick up Samsonov or Peca. They might be able to afford both now that they have $4 million dollars available.
Go to Top of Page

slapshot
Rookie

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  09:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is Sykora now available or do you think the Rangers will sign him? If the Red Wings continue to wait on this there may be noone left to sign. I am thinking they will have to go via the trade route.
Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  07:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the rich boys go here. Some say then they retire just so they can get lots of money to pay up for the funds they will 'want' when they retire. Shanahan has got a few more years here and hes done for his life. Same with Jagr.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page