Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Chicago
 Have the Chicago Blackhawks ever mattered? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Guest4044
( )

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  18:24:16  Reply with Quote
Is it me of have the Blackhawks been a non-factor in the NHL for....well...forever?

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  01:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, and it's all the ownership... they've killed this original six team. Seats are empty every night, the arena is a piece of crap (according to pretty much every play-by-play announcer that has to visit the place on road games), and the there seems to be little to no real committment to the team as a whole. I mean, they did get Havlat in the offseason who was producing like a mofo... but honestly, was he the only reason they were doing so well in the pre-season and first 5 games? I don't think so.

There's an underlying issue going on here, and I think it stems from waaaaaay up.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  08:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I do remember themwhen they had a young Jeremy Roenick, Ed Belfour, Steve Larmer, and Chris Chelios. They were pretty good but that was around '92 - so yeah they sure have sucked for the past 14 years. I agree with nazzy_19 that the contributing factors start at the top, with the owner not showing home games on tv (local blackouts) as well as poor management and a really crappy rebuilding plan that seems to be in its 14th year.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  15:40:30  Reply with Quote
Hawkssuck
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  13:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

Hawkssuck

(Lyall I'm going to borrow your line if you don't mind)

"What insight"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page