Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 First pick Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shepsky
Rookie

Canada
211 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  18:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't know if I could take a penguin or a flyer first overall now, I mean one of those teams is leaving in round one, but which one?

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
Go to Top of Page

Guest9558
( )

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  20:55:17  Reply with Quote
I try to predict the final four teams and concentrate on the stars from those teams. Works great if you predict correctly, not so much if you don't.

Looks like it will be Pittsburg vs. Philly in the first round and I predict the Flyers will take down the Pens, so Malkin won't have staying power. I believe it will be Rangers vs. Flyers for Eastern final, so someone like Giroux or Gaborik would make a good first pick.

Nashville doesn't have an obvious pick because their scoring is spread around, same with St. Louis. Vancouver is playing well and still winning games without Daniel, so I might look at Henrik.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  14:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:

*Disclaimer* The following is my opinion, and my opinion only.

Anyone taking Radulov 1st overall is crazy. The only way in the world someone could possibly do so would be a die hard Pred's fan and even then it's questionable. Even then it'd have to be a huge draft whereby the guy/gal doesn't think he/she would have a chance to pick him in round 2. Any draft of 10 or less teams (snake style) and you could prob still get him on the way back, even if you pick 1 and 20!

Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad pick, at the right point, but just not 1st overall!!!!

Um, just guessing here, but . . . I think it was a joke. Like, sarcasm.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Slozo, you might be right, but i'm not convinced. Foolpittier certainly didn't give us much to go on by his rather brief post, and maybe he was just throwing it out there as a guy "not to forget"? If it was sarcasm and i missed it, i must have missed the guest's sarcasm in his reply when he said "good choice with radulov, but why not brad richards in nyr?"? Are we to assume one of the best guys off the top team from the East was meant as sarcasm too?

It was a joke, but i'd take him late
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  21:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:

See Slozo, these guys were serious about the Radulov pick!

Guest0959....with all due respect, he's just not a guy i can see many taking with the 1st overall pick. Now, if you have 9th or 10th overall in your draft, i could see someone taking a flyer on him? Personally, i wouldn't touch him till the 2nd round, but that's just me. But, my whole point was that the OP asked for opinions on who everyone would lean towards with the #1 overall pick in a playoff pool. IMO, taking Radulov would be a huge risk. Radulov and Nashville could go all the way and he still may put up only 20 points in that system. On the other had, Malkin and Crosby could easily get 20+ and lose in the semi's!!!

I can't believe it Alex . . . I retreat in the face of ignorance (hand on face) . . . fair enough, call them idiots, they deserve it.

I mean - to get serious again - I do get the "darkhorse" pick as your potential "top 5" guy. For me, I have many on my personal "darkhorse" list - Brad Richards is probably #1. James Neal is #2. Kris Letang is right there, as is Lidstrom. Heck, in the west . . . there are almost too many to mention, as all the teams are closely ranked and hard to choose between. But Backes would be my #1 darkhorse from St. Louis.

But Radulov? Not even a very likely or good pick as a darkhorse, IMHO. He's not a super soft player, but . . . he's also not tough - and in the playoffs, it's a whole different level. He may be a bit fresher, but . . . he's not used to the grinding play either anymore. I REALLY don't see it.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Radulov - 1G 4A advancing to 2nd round.
Not bad in 5 games against the defensive minded Wings.........considering Neal and Letang will be out shortly and Lidstrom already is

Edited by - ToXXiK1 on 04/22/2012 09:30:01
Go to Top of Page

Guest4403
( )

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  03:24:50  Reply with Quote
Giroux already with 11 points, that pretty damn good for 5 games, then again this series but been crazy with goals.
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  20:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based on the standings today, I don't see Radulov in the to 10 picks going into the playoffs. I would easily put Crosby, Malkin, Richards, Giroux, Gaborik, Sedin( both), Zetterberg, Datsuyk, Hossa, Kane, Sharp

How many are going to 2nd round? 9 of the above are out in 1st round out of 12 you picked Beans. Just sayin'.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page