Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Poll - What place are you in your hockey pool? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  15:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

Up to this point, 35% of respondents have indicated they're in first place, while only 8% have responded they're in last place.

This makes sense. People in first place are more likely to blow their own horn, and conversely, people who are not doing so well usually don't promote their suffering.

And while many posters have indicated their current standing, few have responded to the original question - what's your secret? Is it luck? Do you have a strategy?

my secert is doing some home work , not picking players that get hurt alot,
Go to Top of Page

Guest9558
( )

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  21:13:31  Reply with Quote
Dead last. I seem to have the Midas touch this season; everything I touch turns to mufflers.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  01:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

quote:

Up to this point, 35% of respondents have indicated they're in first place, while only 8% have responded they're in last place.

This makes sense. People in first place are more likely to blow their own horn, and conversely, people who are not doing so well usually don't promote their suffering.

And while many posters have indicated their current standing, few have responded to the original question - what's your secret? Is it luck? Do you have a strategy?

Interesting strategy.....though i don't pick the Sami Salo's and Alex Hemsky's of the world either. I did however, pick Backstrom, Datsyuk and Toews. Is this bad luck, or did i not "do my home work"???
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  03:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

quote:

Interesting strategy.....though i don't pick the Sami Salo's and Alex Hemsky's of the world either. I did however, pick Backstrom, Datsyuk and Toews. Is this bad luck, or did i not "do my home work"???

i guess not, there's alittle more to it, but if i told you it wouldnt be a secert... would it. luck also comes into play.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  21:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I`m in 7th out of maybe 400 people....picked Travis Zajac ...killed me.......local pool

This is interesting....but true...
Same guy in our draft pool ( 10 people ) no trades, has won now 2 years running.

He just picks the next available forward with the most points from last seasons stats.

He doesn`t even watch or follow hockey, but he has collected the $$$ now for 2 years straight by doing this, and he wins quite easily with this method.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  21:27:53  Reply with Quote
Duke - that's called a fluke. On the basis of what you've described, the guy you've described (who picks the next available forward who has the most points from last season) would not have picked Malkin to name just one player.

And what are you doing in a hockey pool with a guy who doesn't even watch or follow hockey? I would clean up with guys like this!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9184
( )

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  21:47:12  Reply with Quote
My key to success was hopping in my time machine and traveling to the future to ask my future self, while he types this up, which players will have the most points by the end of he season. (Just met my past self and gave him the cheat-sheet now!)
Go to Top of Page

Guest4804
( )

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  22:02:06  Reply with Quote
I'm in 1st in both pools I entered this year. Question: How many entries were there in the Pickuphockey.com's playoff fantasy pool?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  22:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to take anything away from anyone winning their pool, but i'd be willing to bet there are very few out there who have players from the Kings who were picked in the early rounds! As an 8 seed up against the President's trophy winner, the odds were against them. Even those who picked them for the upset likely didn't see them getting past Nash, Pho, StL, Det, etc to get this far! I'm guessing those who took a flyer on Kopitar, Brown, etc in the 7th - 10th rounds of their drafts are reaping the benefits now. Most likely had their early pics going the way everyone else did, Pens, Blues, Preds, etc! Regardless, luck always comes into play so congrats to those winners!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page