Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 The Next Shoe to Drop Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  21:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nuxfan....i do think he's on a great deal right now at what he's paid, don't get me wrong. And yes, he's getting 35 wins and some nice stats, but he has been on a couple of pretty darn good teams too. I guess it depends on what your opinion of him is really. I just remember when Chi won the cup that many thought this guy was the next big thing. In reality, his playoff stats are not as nice as his reg season and judging by the fact that Chicago let him walk instead of paying him just 2.75 that he was awarded tells me they didn't think as much of him either? Then again, they're prob wishing they had him now, especially at such a cap friendly amount!!!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  23:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

nuxfan....i do think he's on a great deal right now at what he's paid, don't get me wrong. And yes, he's getting 35 wins and some nice stats, but he has been on a couple of pretty darn good teams too. I guess it depends on what your opinion of him is really. I just remember when Chi won the cup that many thought this guy was the next big thing. In reality, his playoff stats are not as nice as his reg season and judging by the fact that Chicago let him walk instead of paying him just 2.75 that he was awarded tells me they didn't think as much of him either? Then again, they're prob wishing they had him now, especially at such a cap friendly amount!!!

CHI let him walk because they literally could not afford him with their cap contraints. I recall they had been forced to match Hjalmersson just a week before at 4M a year, and just could not afford Niemi - thats how bad their cap situation was back then. I'm pretty sure they wanted him back.

My opinion is that he's an above average goaltender, getting paid a fair (or even slightly less than fair) salary given other goaltenders in the NHL. I still think SJ would be nuts to move him in favour of suddenly going with Greiss+as-yet-to-be-signed backup. Unless they intend something bigger to come in return.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  05:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

the latest rumore i have heard is now frattin and a 3rd for bernier.... thats seems kinda low no?

i read a short article on sportsnet.ca that said the Leafs had made an offer for Bernier. but that was it. no other details were given. and my first thought was a big whoop-dee-frickin-doo!! i'm sure trade offers are made almost everyday in the NHL. the only reason this one was published was because it involved the Leafs and a goalie.

PS: mandree, i'd like to know where you get your rumors from?
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  06:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been on hockeybuzz.com a lot. i read about marleau on hockey buzz (lot of people say that site is BS but you never know) and also on Mapleleafshotstove.com. as for niemi i have been trying to find the site i read that on but at this point am unable to find it again :( that being said i heard that the sharks were thinking about swingning a deal that involved him around the trade deadline. i believe i heard that niemi would be somehow involved in a deal for JVR but obviously that didnt happen. that i heard on http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/2/27/2827801/james-van-riemsdyk-trade-rumors-nhl-trade-deadline-2012
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  09:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

i have been on hockeybuzz.com a lot. i read about marleau on hockey buzz (lot of people say that site is BS but you never know) and also on Mapleleafshotstove.com. as for niemi i have been trying to find the site i read that on but at this point am unable to find it again :( that being said i heard that the sharks were thinking about swingning a deal that involved him around the trade deadline. i believe i heard that niemi would be somehow involved in a deal for JVR but obviously that didnt happen. that i heard on http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/2/27/2827801/james-van-riemsdyk-trade-rumors-nhl-trade-deadline-2012

thanks mandree. Hockeybuzz I don't pay any attention to (I think it is BS), but the other ones are probably reasonable. I did some hunting last night and read a few reports speculating that Niemi might be part of a package to CBJ for Nash, but nothing for Toronto.

It sounds like CBJ does indeed want to go in a different direction with goaltending next year, Mason is not in their plans and Bob may not be ready to start, therefore a goaltender coming back in exchange for Nash would be nice. There has been some speculation in Vancouver that Luongo may need to consider CBJ as a trade destination, if he wants to be a starting goaltender come September (he will not be one in Vancouver). The Luongo-for-Nash talk has yet to begin locally, but I'm sure it will.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page