- Islanders forward Kyle Okposo sidelined with upper-body injury
- Isles' John Tavares nets four goals as Team Toews tops Team Foligno
- Predators defenseman Shea Weber wins 2015 hardest shot competition
- Bruins, Wild, Avalanche to host outdoor games next season
- After World Cup of Hockey, NHL mulls Ryder Cup-style event
- Avs' Erik 0Johnson ruled out of All-Star Game due to injury
- Blues goalie Elliott named to replace Jackets' Bobrovsky in All-Star Game
- Ray Whitney announces retirement after 23-year NHL career
- Coyotes' Mikkel Boedker undergoes surgery to remove damaged spleen
- NHL slaps six-game suspension to Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo
- Bruins set to host Canadiens in 2016 Winter Classic
- Nikolay Kulemin stars as Islanders top Flyers
- Bryan Little lifts streaking Jets past slumping Coyotes in shootout
- Rangers tame Penguins, extend Marc Staal for six years
- Flames top Sharks on Sean Monahan's overtime goal
- Kings to retire former defenseman Rob Blake's No. 4
- Bruins' Brad Marchand suspended 2 games for slew-footing
- Jets' Mathieu Perreault leaves game after brutal cross-check
- Rangers, defenseman Marc Staal nearing six-year extension deal
- Islanders' Halak, Penguins' Fleury named to All-Star game
Islanders forward Kyle Okposo sidelined with upper-body injury
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:44:11 +0000
Uniondale, NY, United States (4E Sports) - The New York Islanders will be tested in their coming games as forward Kyle Okposo will likely be out for 6-8 weeks due to an upper-body injury.
Islanders head coach Jack Capuano shared the news on the team's website Monday.
The 26-year-old has been playing efficiently for New York this season listing 44 points (14 goals, 30 assists) in 46 games this season.
Okposo helped the Islanders lead the Metropolitan Division with 63 points.
NBC Sports reported that center Mikhail Grabovski will likely replace Okposo following the team's practice Monday.
Grabovski was signed by the Islanders in a four-year, $20 million during the summer.
The Belarusian played in 38 games for New York this season collecting 14 points (six goals, eight assists).