- Blue Jackets forward Boone Jenner out indefinitely with broken hand
- Stars ink forward Cody Eakin to two-year deal
- Bruins keep key pieces Torey Krug and Reilly Smith
- Red Wings forward Gustav Nyquist not injured seriously
- Leafs' Stephane Robidas cleared for contact, eyes Oct.3 return
- Left wing Jaden Schwartz inks two-year deal with Blues
- Goaltender Jacob Markstrom placed on waivers by Canucks
- Predators lock in Ryan Ellis to five-year deal
- Blues to rest 'banged up' forward Alexander Steen
- Separated right shoulder to sideline Pavel Datsyuk for one month
- Maple Leafs, Canadiens renew rivalry at Molson Canadian Face-Off
- Hurricanes' Jordan Staal breaks leg in preseason game
- NHL boss: Proactive stance on off-ice conduct helps prevent scandals
- NHL, EPIX form partnership to produce two-part original series
- Lightning center Steven Stamkos delighted with return to ice
- Rangers' Derek Stepan missed preseason opener with bruised foot
- Senators forward Bobby Ryan injured in training
- Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin suffers upper-body injury
- Jets forward Evander Kane believes fast start is key to score 50 goals
- Flyers captain Claude Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury
Blue Jackets forward Boone Jenner out indefinitely with broken hand
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 20:52:08 +0000
Columbus, OH, United States (4E Sports) - Columbus Blue Jackets forward Boone Jenner suffered a broken left hand after getting directly hit by a puck in practice and will be out indefinitely.
"It got him just right," Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen said to The Columbus Dispatch.
"It was a pretty light practice. It was the only shooting drill we did the whole time, and it gets him," he added.
This was another blow for the team with center Ryan Johansen out having contract issues and winger Nathan Horton suffering from a back injury.
Jenner was efficient last season and is expected to be a key piece for Columbus for the season.
He had 16 goals and 29 points as an NHL rookie and also scored multiple times in his first stint in the Stanley Cup playoffs with five points in six games.
Jenner will undergo evaluation according to CBS Sports.