- Devils hoping to interview ex-Pens mentor Dan Bylsma for coach post
- Blackhawks' Antoine Vermette nets 2OT goal to beat Ducks
- Rangers' Martin St. Louis hopes first playoff goal against Lightning snaps slump
- Henrik Lundqvist's 38 saves power Rangers in crushing Lightning
- Ex-coach Mike Babcock says he left Red Wings to seek new challenges
- Frederik Andersen's 27 saves propel Ducks over Blackhawks
- Senators owner Eugene Melynk recovering after liver transplant
- Nikita Kucherov's overtime goal lifts Lightning over Rangers
- Senators give netminder Andrew Hammond three-year extension
- Maple Leafs sign coach Mike Babcock to eight-year, $50M deal
- Kruger tips in winning goal as Blackhawks edge Ducks in 3 OT
- Oilers to hire Todd McLellan as new head coach
- Tyler Johnson's hat trick powers Lightning past Rangers to tie series
- Flyers hire North Dakota's Dave Hakstol as head coach
- Ducks right wing Corey Perry ready for Game 1 against Blackhawks
- Dominic Moore gives Rangers leg up over Lightning in Game 1
- Despite loss to Bolts, Michel Therrien remains Canadiens head coach
- Senators owner Eugene Melnyk appeals for liver donation
- Ducks forward Corey Perry takes 'maintenance day' rest
- New Detroit River bridge to be named after Gordie Howe
Devils hoping to interview ex-Pens mentor Dan Bylsma for coach post
Mon, 25 May 2015 02:01:32 +0000
Newark, NJ, United States (4E Sports) - The New Jersey Devils were reportedly given permission to talk to Dan Bylsma about their coaching position.
Devils general manager Ray Shero , who was then with the the Pittsburgh Penguins, hired Bylsma as coach in 2009.
Bylsma led the Penguins to the Stanley Cup in 2009 but was fired following the 2013-14 season after the Penguins were eliminated by the New York Rangers in seven games despite holding a 3-1 series lead.
Under Bylsma , the Penguins had four 100-point seasons and never finished worse than second in their division. They finished first in each of Bylsma's final two seasons. Bylsma recorded a 252-117-32 slate in the regular season and 43-35 in the playoffs.
Bylsma's contract with Pittsburgh runs through the 2015-16 season, which necessitated that teams ask for permission to interview him.
The Buffalo Sabres and the San Jose Sharks are also reportedly interested in the 44-year-old Bylsma .
Meanwhile, Shero , who was hired by the Devils on May 4, may have also gotten permission to talk to John Hynes, coach of the Penguins' American Hockey League affiliate.