- Left wing Zac Rinaldo inks two-year extension with the Flyers
- Dany Heatley expected to end Ducks' search for left wing
- Carrie Underwood, NHL star Mike Fisher Announce Singer's Pregnancy
- Devils invite Scott Gomez for tryout during training camp
- No panic for Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli after early playoffs exit
- Veteran defenseman Carol Vadnais dead of cancer at 68
- Ex-Blackhawks defenseman Sheldon Brookbank looks to join Flames
- Oilers keep defenseman Justin Schultz on one-year deal
- Mike Yeo says goalkeeper starting job is wide open for Wild
- NHL defenseman Cory Sarich slowly recovering after cycling accident
- Forward Max Pacioretty prepared to be new leader for Canadiens
- Senators sign goalie Craig Anderson to three-year extension
- Napa to be visited by NHL's Stanley Cup
- Forward Devin Setoguchi signs one-year deal with Flames
- Defenseman Aaron Ekblad ready for Panthers' camp
- Sharks open up competition for captaincy roles
- Terry Doran parting ways with Windsor Spitfires to scout for Flames
- Blackhawks logo picked as NHL's best
- Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist prepares early for another Stanley Cup run
- Goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere retires after 16 NHL seasons
Left wing Zac Rinaldo inks two-year extension with the Flyers
Tue, 02 Sep 2014 20:40:12 +0000
Philadelphia, PA, United States (4E Sports) - The Philadelphia Flyers announced Tuesday the signing of left wing Zac Rinaldo to a two-year extension deal.
Sportsnet's Chris Johnston reported that Rinaldo will be receiving an annual cap hit of $850,000.
Rinaldo shared with the Flyers official website that he is thrilled with his new contract, according to NHL.
"Philadelphia is where I started my NHL career and this is where I want to be so I am really happy," he said.
Rinaldo also added, "This definitely gives me a lot of confidence by the Flyers showing that they have confidence in me. I know they want to see me get better as a player and this is the place to do it."
The 24-year-old played in 67 games for the Flyers last season and had two goals, two assists and 153 penalty minutes.
In his 165 career games, Rinaldo has seven goals, 11 assists and 470 penalty minutes.
The Flyers picked Rinaldo 178th overall in the sixth round of the 2008 NHL Draft.